1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Whats the right lift kit for me?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sam95, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Jan 12, 2024 at 9:18 AM
    sam95

sam95 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Samuel
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner Sr5 premium 4x4
    I recently got a 5th gen 4runner Sr5 Premium. I have been researching lift kits and leveling kits, I don't plan to do any serous off-roading, think fire roads and over-landing. I am not trying to break the bank to buy a lift but I know you get what you pay for with this kind of thing. I want something better than just spacers and that will be reliable and last a long time. Ideally I would want to spend less than 2k, and would like a 3 or 4 inch lift.

Some kits I have looked at:

Skyjacker 3" Lift kit: This one is real cheap which is my worry with it and I cant find any reviews or information on people using it. But I have seen people vouch for the skyjacker brand.

Bilstein 2.5" Lift kit: This one seems like a very good deal. Bilstein is a well known company and the price is very reasonable. Although I believe I would need to buy new control arms as well but thats not a real issue.

Old Man Emu Lift kit: Good Brand, more expensive would also probably need control arms.

Idk if these are the best options, if any of y'all have suggestions, ideas, comments, or anything I would really appreciate it.

2. Jan 12, 2024 at 9:28 AM
    Wren

Wren New Member

Member:
    I like the bilstein a lot but factor in rear springs as well, to match those rear shocks. You can use stock springs but they work better with b12.

sam95[OP] likes this.
  3. Jan 12, 2024 at 9:58 AM
    sam95

sam95 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Samuel
    Vehicle:
    I looked at the B12 and they are pretty reasonable price wise. Thanks for the suggestion!

4. Jan 12, 2024 at 10:00 AM
    Wren

Wren New Member

Member:
    You can save some money by going with 5100 rears. I got my 6112/5100 kit for less than 1k. Installed then realized it’d be better with rear springs and added the b12s a few weeks later. They are better in every way thank stock, off-road and on-road.

TrailSpecial22 likes this.
  5. Jan 12, 2024 at 10:12 AM
    ChessGuy

ChessGuy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    LR
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro / 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
    Too many..... Performance: • Magnusum Supercharger • Gibson exhaust with dual black tip • Pedal Commander * PowerBrakes • Suspension – Old Man Emu BP-51 front and back with Medium load coils • Tires: AT3 Faulken Wildpeak – 285/70/17 • Wheels: Relations Race Wheels, RR7-H with -12 offset • Full roof rack and ladder by Westcott Design (removed the stock Yakima basket) • Molle storage panels by Rago fabrication • Front light brackets by Rago • Illuminator light bracket by Rago (roof rack location) Lights • Morimoto front and back with sequential signals • Morimoto fog lights and side mirrors with sequential signals • 40” Baja design light bar for roof rack • 20” S8 Baja design driving combo (winch location) • Squadron sport baja design ditch lights • S2 Chase lights by baja designs (mounted on roof) In the bay: • Odyssey 34-PC Battery • SDQH Aluminum billet battery terminals and bracket • Switch Pro 9100 with aluminum tray • Anytime front and back camera • ARB twin compressor Recovery & Protection: • Smittybilt X20 synthetic rope winch • Factor 55 fairlead and flatlink • Southern Style Off-road (SSO) low profile bumper • SSO stage 2 high clearance wings • Weekend warrior recovery kit by treaty oak • RCI – skid plates – entire vehicle + catalytic converter protection wings Interior: • Nano Ceramic IR – Avery Dennison Window tint – all windows • Several phone mounts • Upgraded Rear Hatch lift gate struts (ladder is heavy) • Boom blaster horn switch (featuring La cucaracha)
    If you can afford it go with the nicest thing you can get. Else you won't feel any difference and would wonder why you went cheap. Buy once, Cry once.

sam95[OP] likes this.
  6. Jan 12, 2024 at 10:16 AM
    hossler1788

hossler1788 Turtle

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Central Pa
    Vehicle:
    2020 4runner
    Stay away from Sky jacker or rough country.

nimby and TrailSpecial22 like this.
  7. Jan 12, 2024 at 2:03 PM
    sam95

sam95 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Samuel
    Vehicle:
    Will do, I know rough countrys are less than quality. And I was a little suspicious of skyjacker as well.

8. Jan 12, 2024 at 3:54 PM
    TrailSpecial22

TrailSpecial22 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Trail Special Edition Lunar Rock
    2” lift Bilstein 6112 w/600 lb coils front, 1.5” lift Eibach T13 coils rear, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, TRD skidplate, TRD stainless catback w/black TRD side exhaust, TRD shifter handle, Weathertech bug deflector, 20% tint front, LED door bulbs, 285/70/17 Falken WP AT3, Energy Suspension front bumpstops, SSO Slimline Bumper w/ Badland Shackles, Durobumps 4.25” rear
    i’d go with Bilstein or OME

sam95[QUOTED][OP] and SlvrSlug like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top