1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upgrading Front Bump Stops for 5th Gen 4runner

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by n8th8n, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Feb 11, 2024 at 8:37 PM
    n8th8n

n8th8n [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    5th Gen 4Runner
    Mid Travel with King Shocks and Dirt King Uppers
    Hello everyone! I have a 2015 4Runner SR5 that I have recently upgraded the uppers control arms to some boxed dirt king arms, and 2.5 king coil overs in the front and rear, leveled out. I pre runner and jump this thing like crazy and am having major up travel rubbing issues on my fender liners and sometimes the actual fender. I just bought some extended Energy Suspension Bump Stops the other day and jumped it today and the bumps absolutely flew off the frame. Are there any options you guys possibly recommend for upgraded bumps stops that are extended to limit up travel to not hit fender anymore? Thank you!

djwantke likes this.
  2. Feb 11, 2024 at 8:52 PM
    catbrown357

catbrown357 New Member

Member:
    Tempe
    Vehicle:
    2011 Limited 4WD
    Don't fuckin' jump your 4Runner?
    Seriously, you might need professional help from someone who does this shit. Like trophy truck guys.
    This will surely be past tense soon.

TrailSpecial22 likes this.
  3. Feb 11, 2024 at 8:56 PM
    n8th8n

n8th8n [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    5th Gen 4Runner
    You don't understand that this 4runner was built to jump and pre runner fast off-road? Not no rock crawling bullshit. Obviously not no Baja 1000 trophy trucking but the parts used are meant to be be jumped.... I just need someone's beneficial advice to help a boy out on recommendations on bumps stops, either if that's duro bumps, possibly with a spacer, king bumps, possibly bypasses, who knows. Not your help mf, keep mall crawling your limited....

3JOH22A likes this.
  4. Feb 11, 2024 at 9:03 PM
    glwood54

glwood54 Stop making me buy stuff!

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR, KDSS, RSG sliders, Eibach shocks, 265/70 Falken Wildpeaks
    Wow. This is going well.

:popcorn:

5. Feb 11, 2024 at 9:04 PM
    catbrown357

catbrown357 New Member

Member:
    Tempe
    Vehicle:
    2011 Limited 4WD
    That's why I suggested a different forum, boy. You're not going to find a who lot of people jumping their rigs here. All the bump stops people use here are for normal off road. So, clearly you're going to max out the capabilities of what we can offer. Maybe you need to readjust your dampening/pre-load so you don't keep bottoming that shit out? IDK. Good luck.

TrailSpecial22 likes this.
  6. Feb 11, 2024 at 9:11 PM
    3JOH22A

3JOH22A Toyota Gigolo

Member:
    District 6ix
    Vehicle:
    5G 4Runner, 3G Tacoma on 35"s
    Wheelers has 3/8" bumpstop spacers which will limit your uptravel by about 3/4": It's intended to be paired with Wheelers Superbumps: However, it likely won't be enough for what you're doing. In increasing order of spending:
    1. Find a fabricator that will chop off the existing bumpstop mount on the frame and weld on hydraulic bumpstop collars, then pick your poison with hydraulic bumps (King/Fox/Icon). I don't recommend hydraulic bumps on a daily driver because they clank in normal street driving.
    2. Secondary shock system like this: https://caliraisedoffroad.com/products/10-up-4runner-fj-s2-stage-1-upgrade-system-k53121 The Icon kit is mostly bolt-on, just needs welding a couple of tabs and steering stops to the LCAs.
    3. Long travel
    Make sure you have additional reinforcements like cam tab gussets and spindle gussets to better stand up to the abuse.

Good luck! Dunes are fun if you keep your wallet open

upload_2024-2-12_0-25-13.png

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
  7. Feb 11, 2024 at 9:36 PM
    catbrown357

catbrown357 New Member

Member:
    Tempe
    Vehicle:
    2011 Limited 4WD
    Clearly you need something more than off the shelf bump stops. With the way they mount in stock form, that kind of impact is going to shear the single bolts off every time. Custom fabrication of some kind seems to be in order. Not only with the mounts, but fenders and all of the suspension geometry. How about a video? I want to see this.

8. Feb 12, 2024 at 12:53 AM
    Thacrow

Thacrow New Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2021 ORP
    Speed holes
    Post videos of these jumps or this is worthless.

9. Feb 12, 2024 at 5:46 AM
    Schlappesepple

Schlappesepple New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORP
  10. Feb 12, 2024 at 6:39 AM
    1SilverRunner

1SilverRunner My boy, blue

Member:
    Tejas
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD Off Road Premium
    Front Bumper: C4 Fabrication Low-Profile Bumper Warn Evo10-S Winch w/ Warn wireless adapter Extreme LED dual color light bar w/ Cali raised LED OEM style switch Bumper Cover Trimmed For Clearance Rear Bumper: 80% Off Road Rear Bash Bar Armor: RCI Skid plate package C4 Gas tank skid RCI Rear diff skid RCI Shock Skids RSG Angled/ Plated Sliders Total Chaos Cam Tab Gussets Total Chaos Spindle Gussets Suspension: Dobinsons IMS long travel kit (Front: IMS59-50574 w/ C59-352 Springs) (Rear: IMS59-50575 w/ C59-675v Springs) Apache Off Road UCAs Apache Off Road HD Rear Links (Upper and Lower) Apache Off Road Rear Sway Bar Links Dobinsons Track Bar Front Sway Bar Removed DuroBumps Rear Bump stops PerryParts Front Bump stops DRKDSS Track Bar Correction kit Dobinsons Diff Drop Wheels/ Tires: RRW 17x8.5 -12 RR6-H Wheels 285/75/17 Falken A/T4W 1.25" SpiderTrax Spacers BMC, Pinch Weld Folded. MinWin End Caps Storage Solutions: LFD Cross-Bars Aiden James Customs Gear Plate w/ Slide Out Tables *Backordered, coming soon Rado Designs Molle storage panels and top shelf Glove Box organizer Center Console organizer Performance: Scan Gauge II for Temp Monitoring Yota Shop Diff Breather Interior: Diode Dynamics LED Interior lighting (Warm white ftw) Meso Customs Hatch lights Meso Customs Door Handle Covers Ram ball mount for Garmin In-Touch Mini II FitCamX Dash Camera Scosche phone mount Weathertech floor matts Misc: Nano Ceramic Tint (Including windshield and sunroof) Midland MXT575 and Ghost Antenna Cali Raised 27W Ditch Lights OVS Nomadic 6.5' Awning AVS Low Profile Vent Visor AVS Bugflector II Diode Dynamic puddle lights LasFit Reverse lights LED license plate lights Ark Splash Guards Ark Mud Flap Deletes AJT Push-To-Start Button +Midland handheld GMRS radios, Baofeng UV-5R Ham radio, recovery gear, water purification system, lifeboat food rations, trauma kit, fire extinguisher and fire starting kit stay on board.
    Durobumps are highly regarded.

I personally went with Perryparts bump stops and couldn't be happier. Not sure how they'd hold up to proper jumps though.

Edit: How are your cam alignment tabs holding up?
    I bent mine just by wheeling. I'd imagine jumping would fold them like clean laundry.
    Might be worth looking at Total Chaos Spindle gussets while you're there welding.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    djwantke likes this.
  11. Feb 12, 2024 at 6:44 AM
    hossler1788

hossler1788 Turtle

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Central Pa
    Vehicle:
    2020 4runner
    Wheelers superbumps can take the abuse. Depending on you lift and travel you can space them accordingly.

djwantke likes this.
  12. Feb 12, 2024 at 7:10 AM
    catbrown357

catbrown357 New Member

Member:
    Tempe
    Vehicle:
    2011 Limited 4WD
    Not gonna happen. This kid is trolling.

13. Feb 12, 2024 at 8:06 AM
    n8th8n

n8th8n [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    5th Gen 4Runner

Finally some actual help on recommendations, thank you lmao. I never heard of Perryparts till now and just searched them up, and they do offer a long travel version but I'm not sure how that would be paired up with a mid travel setup with stock lowers. Did you just go with the default/normal front bump stops? Possibly I could run the default/normal bumps and use a quarter inch spacer? Or possible request a custom one from them? Wondering how they would hold up to I guess more frequent and harsher bottom outs. As of my cam alignment tabs they're holding up and alignment is perfect, its not like I'm sending this thing down a mountain, just some couple feet jumps/whoops and occasionally some 4-5 feet kickers lol. I do plan on doing some total chaos spindle gussets and cam tabs in the future tho! Thanks for the help!

14. Feb 12, 2024 at 8:07 AM
    n8th8n

n8th8n [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    5th Gen 4Runner
    I really live in your head rent free huh? lmaooo

Thacrow likes this.
  15. Feb 12, 2024 at 8:20 AM
    1SilverRunner

1SilverRunner My boy, blue

Member:
    Tejas
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD Off Road Premium
    Front Bumper: C4 Fabrication Low-Profile Bumper Warn Evo10-S Winch w/ Warn wireless adapter Extreme LED dual color light bar w/ Cali raised LED OEM style switch Bumper Cover Trimmed For Clearance Rear Bumper: 80% Off Road Rear Bash Bar Armor: RCI Skid plate package C4 Gas tank skid RCI Rear diff skid RCI Shock Skids RSG Angled/ Plated Sliders Total Chaos Cam Tab Gussets Total Chaos Spindle Gussets Suspension: Dobinsons IMS long travel kit (Front: IMS59-50574 w/ C59-352 Springs) (Rear: IMS59-50575 w/ C59-675v Springs) Apache Off Road UCAs Apache Off Road HD Rear Links (Upper and Lower) Apache Off Road Rear Sway Bar Links Dobinsons Track Bar Front Sway Bar Removed DuroBumps Rear Bump stops PerryParts Front Bump stops DRKDSS Track Bar Correction kit Dobinsons Diff Drop Wheels/ Tires: RRW 17x8.5 -12 RR6-H Wheels 285/75/17 Falken A/T4W 1.25" SpiderTrax Spacers BMC, Pinch Weld Folded. MinWin End Caps Storage Solutions: LFD Cross-Bars Aiden James Customs Gear Plate w/ Slide Out Tables *Backordered, coming soon Rado Designs Molle storage panels and top shelf Glove Box organizer Center Console organizer Performance: Scan Gauge II for Temp Monitoring Yota Shop Diff Breather Interior: Diode Dynamics LED Interior lighting (Warm white ftw) Meso Customs Hatch lights Meso Customs Door Handle Covers Ram ball mount for Garmin In-Touch Mini II FitCamX Dash Camera Scosche phone mount Weathertech floor matts Misc: Nano Ceramic Tint (Including windshield and sunroof) Midland MXT575 and Ghost Antenna Cali Raised 27W Ditch Lights OVS Nomadic 6.5' Awning AVS Low Profile Vent Visor AVS Bugflector II Diode Dynamic puddle lights LasFit Reverse lights LED license plate lights Ark Splash Guards Ark Mud Flap Deletes AJT Push-To-Start Button +Midland handheld GMRS radios, Baofeng UV-5R Ham radio, recovery gear, water purification system, lifeboat food rations, trauma kit, fire extinguisher and fire starting kit stay on board.
    I chose the regular length bump stops. If I were to move to a 35" Tire I might go with the LT version to limit up travel. Perry offers this for the rear only.
    Toytec makes an aluminum spacer for the rear as well. This limits uptravel and utilizes the factor bump stop.
    My opinion: $100 Toytec Spacer w/ factory bump stop < $140 Perryparts bump stop.

PerryParts claim to create custom bump stops. I'd give them a call and see what they'd recommend for your application.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  16. Feb 12, 2024 at 8:22 AM
    n8th8n

n8th8n [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    5th Gen 4Runner

Sounds good! I just sent over a email regarding my dilemma to see if we could work on something for her haha. I already have the rears all figured out, with accutunes spacer and bump, just trying to work out the fronts now haha. I really appreciate the help and recommendations!

17. Feb 12, 2024 at 9:24 AM
    catbrown357

catbrown357 New Member

Member:
    Tempe
    Vehicle:
    2011 Limited 4WD
    Nah. I just want proof.

18. Feb 12, 2024 at 10:26 AM
    Thacrow

Thacrow New Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2021 ORP
    Speed holes
    Heck you you live in mine buddy! I was dreaming we were jumping our trucks together. Take some vids!!

19. Feb 12, 2024 at 11:38 AM
    totmacher

totmacher New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    West TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 Nautical Blue
    done some stuff to it
    I thought jumping put you up to wanting hydro bumps.
    Don't reduce travel. You want suspension travel. Adjust your fender liners and whatever else is hitting instead so they dont hit.

Edit. Factory bumps don't have a lot of smoosh in them. They will be harsh if you hit them much. Something like hydro has travel to slow compression before maxing out. A thin piece of rubber is going to jar you and lead to bent or broken other parts.

20. Feb 12, 2024 at 7:48 PM
    Rob41

Rob41 Veteran

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Northern Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2023 Supercharged 4Runner TRD
    Magnuson Supercharger, CSF Performance Radiator, Eibach Pro-Truck Series 2R suspension, SCS Ray10 Bronze Wheels, Pedal Monster, TRD Pro Grill, TRD Pro Roof Rack
    Bro, your rig sounds sic! You've got King coil overs front and rear? I'd love to see some pics if you've got any. You sound like you know how to send it :burnrubber:

21. Feb 12, 2024 at 9:30 PM
    djwantke

djwantke New Member

Member:
    Maple Ridge, British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium
    Bought brand new 2016 After May 2021: -Approx 3" lift/level: Bilstein 5100's, OME 2884 590lb 3" front lift springs, SPC UCA's, ICON 158506 2" lift rear coils, diff drop -Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ LT285/70R17 Load E -Mickey Thompson Sidebiter ll 17x9, 0 offset, 5 backspace -Pro Comp black spline lugs ^installed by 4WheelParts^ -New brakes and rotors by brake shop -4-piece ARB skid kit -Smittybilt 2" nerf steps -MBRP black exhaust tip, chopped OEM -Drivers side OEM FJ oh shit handle -All blacked out emblems -Blacked out roof rails -4x WeatherTech window rain guards -OEM custom rear mud flap deletes -KICK BACK MUD FLAPS 12" WIDE - BLACK TOP AND BLACK WEIGHT -FRAM EXTRA GUARD CA10835 engine air filter -1797 LED tricolor fog bulbs Yellow 3000K White 6000K Blue 15000K 28W 4000LM -Armour paint lower rear bumper -Front bumper high stage high clearance cut -Fenders cut straight across, pink reservoir sprayed black -4Runner Lifestyle sequential fog fangs -4Runner Lifestyle smoked taillight decals -Pedal Commander -Rear passenger cargo mounted 120v truck tire pump -4x Spidertrax 1.25" black aluminum wheel spacers -Yota Twins Paracord Hatch Strap sand camo -Teton Workshop hard anodized matte black aluminum shift knob -Ditch flood lights 4 LED 20w 1400lm w/ OEM hood mounts on OEM style dash switch -Backup flood lights under bumper 6 LED 18w 1500lm on OEM style dash switch -Body Mount Chop; cut, weld, paint -Fender mount chop, re-weld, paint -Fender Liner cut behind wheel (I cut liner in front of wheel clean off at top of viper cut) -Wheel well firewall hammering, painting ^done by Arc One Industries^ -valance cap trim -Agency6 Black Shackle Block 2" US Certified 6061 T6 CNC machined aluminum -DRT fab universal hitch skid -ACDelco inner tie rods, outer tie rods, bellows -Full Dr. KDSS switch kit -March 31 Behind grille 13-1/4" 32 LED light bar + wide-angle, eagle-eye lens 6000lm on OEM style dash switch -RAA Powder coated steel roof rack cargo basket, 1" side rails, 64" x 39" x 6", 250lb limit -roof gas can, water can, shovel -PEAKTOW PTT0063 Hitch Mount Cargo Carrier 51-1/2 x 17-1/2 x 4 inches 500 lbs. Capacity (trips only) -July/2023: purchased first needed SPC balljoint replacement kit - newly released, upgraded non-zerk sealed joints 25002 -July 15/2023: The Original Universal EZ Flares, 1". All four corners -Dec. 2023: removed bumper cover and crash bar, drilled frame, installed Apex Overland KDSS Recovery Points -Jan. 2024: SPC balljoint replacement kit - upgraded non-zerk sealed joint design 25002 -Feb. 3/ 2024: 4x KC Wire Hiders, for roof rack lighting Feb. 13/2024: New ditch lights, on new Rago Fabrication Extension brackets. 3inch Quad Row Amber Pods from LED-Club. 32W 3200Lm 16-LED Spot Beam. Replacing 3inch EVERGEAR clear lens ditch light pods w/ yellow lamix-x In progress: 4th, 5th, and 6th set of off road lights Electrical components and wiring purchased, not started -roof rack scene lighting - EVERGEAR ea. 1,350 lumens, 30w, 3-¾" round floods. Custom, side mounted w/ galvanized flat bar And -roof rack upper ditch lights - 3inch Quad Row Amber Pods from LED-Club. 32W 3200Lm 16-LED Spot Beam. Bar clamp mounted to front corners And -roof rack reverse amber pods / secondary hazard lights. 20W 2000Lm 2-LED Spot Beam. Bar clamp mounted to rear side And -roof rack F1 smoked chase light w/ lighting effects. Custom bolted to rear side -POR15 rust proofing line-up, 3-step process PAUSED until 70⁰ weather Bought, in the garage queue: -BlueFire 6-Circuit Fuse Block with LED Indicator & Protection Cover -Blue Sea Systems 100A Circuit Breaker w/ reset lever -Rust prevention •New can POR15, 2x Black Fluid Film, long spray nozzle attachments, 2x PB Surface Shield, 1x Chainwax •partially used POR15 Degreaser, Metal Prep Wanted - PerryParts or Wheelers bump stops, self fabricated limb risers (seasonal, removable), 1" body lift, powder coated center winch bumper w/ large bar (got no tss), rear steel bumper w/ tire carrier for an LT285 Kumho on steely, sliders, bolt on cat shields
    @n8th8n duro bumps are prolly your nicest option, and near the highest cost. Never heard anything bad on this forum about them. Now I don't want the Energy bumps after hearing you blew em up. Likely to order PerryParts or Wheelers.

Hmm set of 4 wheelers you save a few bucks @ $344.86.

22. Feb 12, 2024 at 9:33 PM
    n8th8n

n8th8n [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    5th Gen 4Runner
    Hello! Thanks for the recommendation! Yeah I totally do not recommend the energy bumps at all lol, the bump completely tore off the retainer inside of the bump lol. I went ahead with the 35" tire option front bumps from perryparts and am going to run them with a quarter inch spacer and am 99% that will do the job. That's what perryparts recommended themselves :D

djwantke[QUOTED] likes this.
  23. Feb 12, 2024 at 10:17 PM
    djwantke

djwantke New Member

Member:
    Maple Ridge, British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium
    Bought brand new 2016 After May 2021: -Approx 3" lift/level: Bilstein 5100's, OME 2884 590lb 3" front lift springs, SPC UCA's, ICON 158506 2" lift rear coils, diff drop -Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ LT285/70R17 Load E -Mickey Thompson Sidebiter ll 17x9, 0 offset, 5 backspace -Pro Comp black spline lugs ^installed by 4WheelParts^ -New brakes and rotors by brake shop -4-piece ARB skid kit -Smittybilt 2" nerf steps -MBRP black exhaust tip, chopped OEM -Drivers side OEM FJ oh shit handle -All blacked out emblems -Blacked out roof rails -4x WeatherTech window rain guards -OEM custom rear mud flap deletes -KICK BACK MUD FLAPS 12" WIDE - BLACK TOP AND BLACK WEIGHT -FRAM EXTRA GUARD CA10835 engine air filter -1797 LED tricolor fog bulbs Yellow 3000K White 6000K Blue 15000K 28W 4000LM -Armour paint lower rear bumper -Front bumper high stage high clearance cut -Fenders cut straight across, pink reservoir sprayed black -4Runner Lifestyle sequential fog fangs -4Runner Lifestyle smoked taillight decals -Pedal Commander -Rear passenger cargo mounted 120v truck tire pump -4x Spidertrax 1.25" black aluminum wheel spacers -Yota Twins Paracord Hatch Strap sand camo -Teton Workshop hard anodized matte black aluminum shift knob -Ditch flood lights 4 LED 20w 1400lm w/ OEM hood mounts on OEM style dash switch -Backup flood lights under bumper 6 LED 18w 1500lm on OEM style dash switch -Body Mount Chop; cut, weld, paint -Fender mount chop, re-weld, paint -Fender Liner cut behind wheel (I cut liner in front of wheel clean off at top of viper cut) -Wheel well firewall hammering, painting ^done by Arc One Industries^ -valance cap trim -Agency6 Black Shackle Block 2" US Certified 6061 T6 CNC machined aluminum -DRT fab universal hitch skid -ACDelco inner tie rods, outer tie rods, bellows -Full Dr. KDSS switch kit -March 31 Behind grille 13-1/4" 32 LED light bar + wide-angle, eagle-eye lens 6000lm on OEM style dash switch -RAA Powder coated steel roof rack cargo basket, 1" side rails, 64" x 39" x 6", 250lb limit -roof gas can, water can, shovel -PEAKTOW PTT0063 Hitch Mount Cargo Carrier 51-1/2 x 17-1/2 x 4 inches 500 lbs. Capacity (trips only) -July/2023: purchased first needed SPC balljoint replacement kit - newly released, upgraded non-zerk sealed joints 25002 -July 15/2023: The Original Universal EZ Flares, 1". All four corners -Dec. 2023: removed bumper cover and crash bar, drilled frame, installed Apex Overland KDSS Recovery Points -Jan. 2024: SPC balljoint replacement kit - upgraded non-zerk sealed joint design 25002 -Feb. 3/ 2024: 4x KC Wire Hiders, for roof rack lighting Feb. 13/2024: New ditch lights, on new Rago Fabrication Extension brackets. 3inch Quad Row Amber Pods from LED-Club. 32W 3200Lm 16-LED Spot Beam. Replacing 3inch EVERGEAR clear lens ditch light pods w/ yellow lamix-x In progress: 4th, 5th, and 6th set of off road lights Electrical components and wiring purchased, not started -roof rack scene lighting - EVERGEAR ea. 1,350 lumens, 30w, 3-¾" round floods. Custom, side mounted w/ galvanized flat bar And -roof rack upper ditch lights - 3inch Quad Row Amber Pods from LED-Club. 32W 3200Lm 16-LED Spot Beam. Bar clamp mounted to front corners And -roof rack reverse amber pods / secondary hazard lights. 20W 2000Lm 2-LED Spot Beam. Bar clamp mounted to rear side And -roof rack F1 smoked chase light w/ lighting effects. Custom bolted to rear side -POR15 rust proofing line-up, 3-step process PAUSED until 70⁰ weather Bought, in the garage queue: -BlueFire 6-Circuit Fuse Block with LED Indicator & Protection Cover -Blue Sea Systems 100A Circuit Breaker w/ reset lever -Rust prevention •New can POR15, 2x Black Fluid Film, long spray nozzle attachments, 2x PB Surface Shield, 1x Chainwax •partially used POR15 Degreaser, Metal Prep Wanted - PerryParts or Wheelers bump stops, self fabricated limb risers (seasonal, removable), 1" body lift, powder coated center winch bumper w/ large bar (got no tss), rear steel bumper w/ tire carrier for an LT285 Kumho on steely, sliders, bolt on cat shields
    Ho-ly! Impressive, happy to hear that
    Share photos with the group after

1SilverRunner likes this.
  24. Feb 13, 2024 at 5:57 PM
    McSpazatron

McSpazatron New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 4runner OR
    Dobinson IMS Warn Bumper CaliRaised Sliders 285/70 K02s
    I recently found this guy…he does a lot of cool builds that don’t relate to 4runners, but then I noticed he has a 4runner. To say he treats it like a rented mule is an understatement. It’s a little sad to see, but he has dry humor that’s hilarious to me. Anyway, he seems to think the 4runner is made to be jumped like the OP. Or if he doesn’t think that, he doesn’t care and does it anyway. But at least he thoroughly details how everything breaks, eventually. And how he macgyvers thing to kinda work again. Things like shock towers, wallowed out trailing arm bolt holes, engine mounts, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAhvQmFJ-dQ&list=RDCMUCU5adS8d-YX7GbJcnH0x6uA&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0HQnXHVA_I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68RequcPqV0

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
    Trail Runnah likes this.
  25. Jun 19, 2024 at 7:39 PM
    Steve40th

Steve40th New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sTEVE
    Did the Energy suspension bumps stops bolts work, or did you have to buy different hardware than what came in the box?
    I assume you got the 8.9104G or R correct?

26. Jun 21, 2024 at 3:09 AM
    Agent_Outside

Agent_Outside A Guy A Girl and A Trail

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Built 2011 T4R Limited

Products Discussed in

To Top