1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Traxda 3” & 1.5” spacer lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by caitcards90, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Dec 21, 2020 at 8:46 PM
    caitcards90

caitcards90 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 black TRD ORP
    TRD pro oem wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Rago molle rear window racks, 15% all around tint, 3” lift, canvasback interior, Eagle Eyes smoked tail lights, plastidipped valences
    Hey all,
    I drove down to PHX from MN with my 2020 ORP. Brought it into a dealership for my free 5000 mile rotation tune up. Asked about some new tires/lifts, I get referred to the shop that does all the dealership’s new stock lifts, tire swaps, etc.

The dealership had some Yokohama’s that I end up turning down because apparently they can be prone to puncture, and I frequently drive on sharp gravel forest service roads where I live in Alaska. So, I opted out.

I gave the auto shop a call (Total Auto Pros in PHX) and end up choosing 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers that they had in stock.

then we talk lifts. I’m on a budget, and at the time assumed that my ORP came with Bilstein suspension (what my car salesman said ). Again, where I live, I frequently drive “off road” on many miles of said sharp gravel roads, but not much that I felt would deserve a whole new suspension upgrade, so I opted for the Traxda spacer lift.

and now I’m having buyers remorse I think. I found out that my ORP does indeed NOT have a bilstein suspension after the fact, and now I’m wondering if I should have gone with a proper suspension lift.
    Has anyone had traxda spacer lifts? Should I be worried about the minimal offroad driving I do with the spacer lift? Does a spacer lift make the ride worse?

I realize this is all after the fact, but I just joined this forum and I’m curious for your thoughts! Thanks.

2. Dec 21, 2020 at 10:42 PM
    Mtbpsych

Mtbpsych New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5
    Did you buy them and have them installed already? It’ll ride a little stiffer. As long as you’re not speeding through the forest you should be fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top