1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota PPF any good?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by redsoxx1918, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Oct 2, 2022 at 5:01 AM
    redsoxx1918

redsoxx1918 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Pro
    My 2023 TRD PRO is due in port on 10/6. Getting it at MSRP but one of the port add ons is the Toyota PPF on the hood, fenders and mirror caps. I wouldn't have gotten it but the dealer won't let me remove the port options. Has anyone gotten this and did you find that the workmanship was good and the quality of the PPF was good?

2. Oct 2, 2022 at 5:08 AM
    GrantA

GrantA Enjoying God’s creation

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Fully locked 2020 SR5 Premium
    - GOBI roof rack and ladder - Westcott Design Rock sliders - M.O.R.E. Underbody Skid plates - Dual ARB air compressor & ARB single compressor - LED interior lighting - Ironman 2.0 meter awning and enclosure - Ironman winch with factor55 hook - Ironman foam cell pro suspension - Ironman recovery snatch rope - Ironman recovery traction boards - lilbscustomfab Hybrid Front Bumper - lilbscustomfab BMC - RRW RR7-H Hybrid Beadlock wheels - Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/75/17 M/T - 4.88 gears - ARB front air locker - ARB rear air locker - Hi-lift jack & mount - Sony aftermarket speakers - LASFIT External LED Light Conversion - Center console organizer - Glovebox organizer - ICS phone Mount holder - C4 rear bumper with dual swing arms - C4 gas skid plate - C4 rear diff skid plates
    I highly doubt that is port options. My opinion they are lying and I would stay far away from that stealership!

3. Oct 2, 2022 at 5:25 AM
    Chucklehead

Chucklehead Enjoy the ride! You only get one trip

Member:
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Vehicle:
    2021 4Runner Black TRD ORP
    Stock AF, with subtle personality tweaks
    Hmm that’s an involved install requiring a VERY clean vehicle to start and a specific set of developed skills to install correctly. Id be Leary…. That said, I’d recommend ppf. So if it comes and you inspect it closely and it’s soild. Win! If you inspect it and it’s poop well the. You’ve got a warranty fight in your hands.

Ironguy likes this.
  4. Oct 2, 2022 at 7:00 AM
    redsoxx1918

redsoxx1918 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Pro
    The dealership isn't lying. I've purchased from them before and they are a decent dealership. The PPF is a legit Toyota option. It's a $439 option. You'll see it on any build and price and the Toyota website. I was wondering if anyone has had this option and how it turned out.

5. Oct 2, 2022 at 11:43 AM
    GrantA

GrantA Enjoying God’s creation

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Fully locked 2020 SR5 Premium
    - GOBI roof rack and ladder - Westcott Design Rock sliders - M.O.R.E. Underbody Skid plates - Dual ARB air compressor & ARB single compressor - LED interior lighting - Ironman 2.0 meter awning and enclosure - Ironman winch with factor55 hook - Ironman foam cell pro suspension - Ironman recovery snatch rope - Ironman recovery traction boards - lilbscustomfab Hybrid Front Bumper - lilbscustomfab BMC - RRW RR7-H Hybrid Beadlock wheels - Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/75/17 M/T - 4.88 gears - ARB front air locker - ARB rear air locker - Hi-lift jack & mount - Sony aftermarket speakers - LASFIT External LED Light Conversion - Center console organizer - Glovebox organizer - ICS phone Mount holder - C4 rear bumper with dual swing arms - C4 gas skid plate - C4 rear diff skid plates
    Well then everyone should have it on their 5th gens then. I don’t know what to look for but I doubt I have ppf. I ain’t going to look for it.

6. Oct 3, 2022 at 12:44 AM
    Slopemaster

Slopemaster Slope Survivalist

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5
    265-70-17 Ridge Grapplers, TRD Pro rims, 3M precut bra, N-Fab nerf/steps
    I installed a 3M precut bra myself. It turned out well, but was definitely a lot of work. I’d be hard pressed to do it again myself, but I think it’s a good add on especially considering how thin modern paint jobs are.

7. Oct 3, 2022 at 8:12 PM
    Startrek

Startrek New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I ordered this option, but it only 8" wide on hood. So I got film from Amzon, removed dealer ppf from hood and cover COMPLETE hood and roof. Not so hard. Against birds shtt its best protection. DIY.

Products Discussed in

To Top