1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thoughts on this Roof Rack?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by BESKAR, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Apr 14, 2021 at 7:41 PM
    BESKAR

BESKAR [OP] New Member

Member:
    Up here in Canada, we have few options for roof racks for 5th Gen 4runners. Two Canadian companies (which I'd like to support) are Greenland Offroad and RA Motorsports.

I'm open to ordering from US and trying to decide on a full roof rack and given the many options including SS, Prinsu, Victory 4x4 (what else am I missing?), I'm very confused on which one to buy. After reading a detailed review here, I know I want to stay away from Prinsu.

Wanted to bring your attention to this RA Motorsports roof rack: https://ramotorsports.ca/collections/5th-gen-4runner/products/10-19-4runner-modular-roof-rack

What do you think? I haven't seen this one on here yet. My concerns are twofold:
    - Only two mounting points per side...is the weight on the front resting on the roof?
    - No anchor points on the side rails.

Yes, there are many threads on roof racks and I've read many. I'd love your thoughts on this RA Motorsports one and how it compares to others. Is there one rack you're a big fan of? Why?

Thanks guys!

2. May 1, 2021 at 6:02 PM
    Sandbuster

Sandbuster Breaking Wind

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Offroad
    Power Commander, LED lights upgrade, Eibach Pro Truck Series suspension upgrade (front & rear), Airbags (rear), dash integrated trailer brake control, Body Armor front bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch
    Like the looks of it - and the fact that it is aluminum! Might have to wait for another US stimulus check to get it though... LOL

3. May 2, 2021 at 5:08 AM
    Beachguy

Beachguy Normal turned up too loud

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 Premium
    Welcome to the forum. My first impression is that the front sits right down in contact with the roof which I believe might damage the roof, or at least the paint. There is invariably vibration from these things and I can see it rubbing the paint. With a heavy load i would be afraid of this close proximity. Somewhere there’s a thread about the LFD front fairing doing just that and, while mine has adequate space, this one is advertised as not having any. Good luck with whatever you pick.

4. May 2, 2021 at 6:43 AM
    kkqewl

kkqewl New Member

Member:
    Montreal, QC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off Road
    I would have a look at this option, they provide brackets that mate to the existing rails and then you add the Aluminium extrusion cross bars. Just ordered a set myself, looks to be very solid and the price is very affordable.

4Runner Roof Rack | NiseRack.com

Products Discussed in

To Top