1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Switch Pros SP-9100 power / backlight / error issues

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by clt_ah4runner, May 4, 2023.

1. May 4, 2023 at 8:25 AM
    clt_ah4runner

clt_ah4runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    aaron
    Vehicle:
    2020 army green 4runner TRD Pro
    blackout emblem, baja designs fogs, yotaled raptor, lasfit exterior LEDs, vled interior LED, treaty oak recovery points
    Over the last few weeks my SP9100 has been acting erratic. The issue began with the unit's "memory" setting not working so when I started the car, accessories that were on when vehicle was previously turned off did not automatically return to their previous on/off status even though the memory setting for that switch was activated in the app.
    Then the entire unit would not turn on accessories randomly. This would come and go, sometimes on startup, sometimes after driving, and sometimes it would suddenly begin to work again.
    It progressivley got worse and other weird behavior started to happen....the backlight staying on even after ignition was turned off, the backlight not coming on at all, accessories not turning on when the buttons were pressed even though the status light on the SP9100 unit was on for that switch. I havent been able to figure out any consistent pattern to help identify why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Now its basically just throwing the circiut fault error 90% of the time (light on the control unit blinks 3 times).
    I have checked all the accessory wires and grounds, everything seems fine. The power wire that goes into my IGN switch in the fuse box is a pain to get to because of the mount tray so I havent actually opened that up but I cant find a reason an issue with that would cause the switch pros to behave like that. I did notice that one my passenger sidemarker light has been going off and on occassionaly, and I do have the white trigger wire tapped into the driver side sidemarker. Could an issue with one of those LED's cause faults to the trigger that would be making the unit completly shut down? Even when both sidemarkers are working the switch pros still doesnt function right.

any help or ideas are appreciated to help me troubleshoot

2. Aug 9, 2023 at 7:30 AM
    Aeroscout

Aeroscout New Member

Member:
    Did you ever get this sorted? I'm having issues with my Switch-Pros 9100 as well. Specifically, I have lights that won't come on and others that come on by themselves. Like you, I also get the orange LED 3 blink on the panel.

I've been in contact with Switch-Pros via email, and thus far, all they had me do was put an ohm meter to confirm a good ground. After thoroughly testing the ground (it goes straight to the negative battery post as prescribed by Switch-Pros), I decided to take the thing out. I'm concerned it will turn on lights while I'm not around and drain my battery.

3. Aug 9, 2023 at 8:33 AM
    clt_ah4runner

clt_ah4runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    aaron
    Vehicle:
    2020 army green 4runner TRD Pro
    blackout emblem, baja designs fogs, yotaled raptor, lasfit exterior LEDs, vled interior LED, treaty oak recovery points
    After trying everything I finally called switch pros and went through all thier troubleshooting steps. They asked I send just the power unit back to testing and they sent me a new one within a week. Must have been some fault within the unit itself

Aeroscout[QUOTED] and doublewide like this.
  4. Aug 9, 2023 at 8:44 AM
    doublewide

doublewide New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR PREM
  5. Aug 9, 2023 at 9:04 AM
    Aeroscout

Aeroscout New Member

Member:
    I'm glad they took care of you. I see that the label on my power panel says Rev 1.2 and is dated 2/10/2021. I didn't purchase it until July 2021, so I'm hopeful they will honor the warranty.

Products Discussed in

To Top