1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Strange front wheel noise

Discussion in '2nd Gen 4Runners (1990-1995)' started by Black1990, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Jan 29, 2023 at 9:50 PM
    Black1990

Black1990 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi, I am having an irritating sound coming from my right side wheel at low speeds 0-15 mph and it repeats every revolution of the wheel. Now the only way I can describe the sound is by comparing it to the grunt or Snort a pig makes, (serious) if anyone remembers the show "Green Acres" then they will know the sound "Arnold" the pig made while watching TV and that's the closest I can describe it. It sounds exactly like it but with kind of a hollow plastic tone to it. I'm not talking a squeal sound but a Snort Snort sound. I was hoping someone knows what I'm describing as I have looked on many forums and videos. Straight steering wheel, low speeds, and in rhythm with front passenger wheel rotation. 1990 4runner automatic locking hubs, all stock. Thanks!

2. Jan 30, 2023 at 9:31 AM
    trlhiker

trlhiker Lazy Bum

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4
    When was the last time the hubs were greased? And have you checked for rubbing?

3. Jan 30, 2023 at 12:04 PM
    Black1990

Black1990 [OP] New Member

Member:
    The Hubs I have not greased. No rubbing. I will be jacking up the front to inspect further as soon as the ground dries. Thanks.

trlhiker likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top