1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

So now what...

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Sandbuster, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Mar 18, 2021 at 3:34 PM
    Sandbuster

Sandbuster [OP] Breaking Wind

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Offroad
    Power Commander, LED lights upgrade, Eibach Pro Truck Series suspension upgrade (front & rear), Airbags (rear), dash integrated trailer brake control, Body Armor front bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch
    I've had my (new to me) 2019 4runner for a couple of months now - I like it! Just returned from a trip to TN (from central Florida) pulling a trailing with a Rhino side-by-side and Kodiak ATV aboard along with a generator, air compressor and other misc stuff. The 4Runner obviously didn't perform quite as well as my previous F150 5.0 but it did perform a heck of a lot better than expected! That little 4.0 does a great job getting the 4Runner down the road.

Since the purchase of it I have been wanting to upgrade the struts & shocks to the Bilstein 5100 series. Well we all know that product seems to be on infinite back order - it's a shame but it is what it is. So I'm asking what you all think is a suitable alternative for the 5100s? I'm not interested in changing the lift or level of the unit - just want to better the suspension.

Any ideas on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thatbassguy likes this.
  2. Mar 18, 2021 at 3:49 PM
    SR5 Limited

SR5 Limited New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 SR5 Limited
    I like Eibach suspension..... They put together a great kit.... Having installed their springs on my Z28. Ride is smooth and don’t know why the tires don’t rub..

Thatbassguy likes this.
  3. Mar 18, 2021 at 4:08 PM
    Sandbuster

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Offroad
    Power Commander, LED lights upgrade, Eibach Pro Truck Series suspension upgrade (front & rear), Airbags (rear), dash integrated trailer brake control, Body Armor front bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch
    I'm checking them out right now - thanks for the heads-up. At least they seem to be available..

Thatbassguy likes this.
  4. Mar 18, 2021 at 5:28 PM
    Thatbassguy

Thatbassguy New member? Really??

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    RSG sliders, Yakima offgrid basket, Pro-Comp wheels, SOS Streamline bumper and skids, Warn VR EVO10S winch + Ultimate Sidewinder, Bilstein 6112 + 5100 + rear lift coils, Rigid Dually SS ditch lights w/Caliraised brackets and OEM style dash switch
    As @SR5 Limited said, check out Eibach. They have a few different options for these 4runners and are very popular here.

5. Mar 18, 2021 at 6:17 PM
    whitepony04

whitepony04 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 trdop
    None
    I have eibach on my mustang and on my taco. I’m pretty happy with both. I dunno if it’s true but supposedly eibach makes the springs for kings and other “higher” end brands. They just paint and repackage.

6. Mar 27, 2021 at 8:42 AM
    Sandbuster

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Offroad
    As per recommendations I have been looking at the Eibach struts/shocks. Have a very basic simplistic question because I am a bit naive on suspension terminology. When a shock is listed as fitting a vehicle with a 0-2.2 lift, does that mean it will work okay on a stock "non-lifted" suspension? I almost pulled the trigger on a set of these yesterday but stopped short due to not being sure it was the right application. As soon as one of you verify this the stuff will be ordered. Eibach has already gone into back order status on these but Amazon still has them - or did as of yesterday..

7. Mar 27, 2021 at 8:55 AM
    Mtbpsych

Mtbpsych New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5
    0-2.2 inches means the shock works under those parameters, and can provide that amount of lift. The lift is usually accomplished either by perches on the shock body or by buying aftermarket coils.

Products Discussed in

To Top