1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Riverside National

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Moon Landing, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Feb 22, 2021 at 7:52 AM
    Moon Landing

Moon Landing [OP] AFFTC 1967/68 Eddies Air Patch

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    La Quinta, Ca. AKA "The Skillet"
    Vehicle:
    Moon Rock 4Runner
    Nam 68/69
    Cemetery. On the way home from having my sliders installed I stopped to visit my parents yesterday.

While there, some pieces of a rather odd puzzle fell into place.

Street names and links to them.

The name of the street my parents will forever rest at has a strange significance(to me). It's named after a cemetery in a town in France where a battle raged in WWl and where a Great Uncle of mine lost his life and will forever be buried. Stranger than that, he died on the battlefield in 1918 - on the very same day - I took my oath of service many years later.

Rank Private First Class, U.S. Army

Unit 39th Infantry Regiment, 4th Division

Entered Service From Oklahoma

Date of Death September 27, 1918

Buried Plot C Row 27 Grave 36

Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery

It's enough to make a man ponder.

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    Daddykool, wdsteven and Mohoman like this.
  2. Feb 22, 2021 at 8:27 AM
    Mohoman

Mohoman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    99 Limited
    Queen of Battle
    Although people remain skeptical of beliefs and energy; and we all have our own. I like to believe there are forces at work we are unable to see or understand.

Something that has alluded me for so long, since I can remember, the time 12:34 continuously grabs my attention. I am sure by now this has been entrained, so maybe there is no significance; I have yet to discover.

I met my wife through a mutual military friend I went to basic with. Not only did she go to the same high school (which I didn't know her at the time) but the mutual friend (being a close friend of hers) knew we would hit it off right away. 10 Years later, we are happily married and I have a hard time finding an explanation as to how this all happened.

Moon Landing[OP] likes this.
  3. Nov 27, 2023 at 7:16 AM
    JasminRamsey

JasminRamsey New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jasmin
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black 4Runner
    Wow, what a profound connection! It's incredible how life weaves these intricate threads of significance. Visiting Riverside National Cemetery must've been a mix of emotions, especially with the poignant tie to your Great Uncle's sacrifice and your own service oath. It's these small yet powerful connections that make life's journey so remarkable. If you're considering meaningful resting places, greenfarewells.com offers eco-friendly options that honor life's cycle. Your story beautifully underscores the intricate tapestry of our lives and the deep significance of places and names.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023

Products Discussed in

To Top