1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear 1" Lift with BILSTEIN B12 and Firestone Airbags

Discussion in '5th Gen Builds (2010-2024)' started by SJ 4runner, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Jul 29, 2019 at 6:22 PM
    SJ 4runner

SJ 4runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Theo
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Off-Road Premium
    Toytec 2" front lift, Bilstein 1.5" rear springs, Prinsu Rack, 265/70/17 KO2 C-rated, TRD Wheels
    I have a 2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium and I installed a Toytec front lift, which lifted the front approx 2". Maybe a little less, but I can adjust. This leveled my truck, but I wasn't happy with how the rear sagged, especially when I added my small travel trailer, which is less than 2500 lbs. I considered the 1" or 1.5" spacers, but the cost wasn't much more than adding new rear springs. I pulled the trigger on the Bilstien B12 because I didn't want rear spacers or OME or other springs that would lift my truck a full 2" lift in the rear. According the Bilstein, it would only lift the truck 1" on the 4x4 model. I also added the Firestone airbags for when I pull a trailer.

I thought I post just in case anyone else is interested in this setup for the rear. The ride quality is the same as it was stock. The truck did settle at 1" almost exactly, and I love the airbags. In my opinion, the truck handled a little sloppy when towing the trailer with only the front lift, which was the main reason for adding the airbags. I'm planing a trip with the trailer soon and will put the airbags to the test. I'm hoping I'll get a stiffer more controlled ride. However, the stance is perfect for what I was looking for. Not too high and I don't feel any difference in ride quality at all. I can also stiffen up the rear by adding air.

BallisticCoeff likes this.
  2. Jun 17, 2021 at 2:27 PM
    BallisticCoeff

BallisticCoeff New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5P
    None... yet
    I did the 6112/5160 with 1" B12 rear spring and am in the same boat as you.. however I am debating finding an airbag thats 4.75" and 8.5" tall instead of 7.5" (for stock springs).. Did you install the W237604135 4135's? How many rubber cones did you cut off for your install?

I think the airbags are the way to go.. I posted on the FB groups about pulling a 12x6 u-haul trailer and the responses were overwhelmingly in favor of airbags.

Products Discussed in

To Top