1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power locks are possessed and ignition is locked

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by GreenMachine2000, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Jan 1, 2019 at 7:17 AM
    GreenMachine2000

GreenMachine2000 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey guys.. need some assistance.. I went into the garage and i heard a noise coming from my runner. Come to find out it was my power locks. They keep going up and down all by themselves and there was a clicking noise under the hood. Sounded like a relay click. I was on my way to work so I didn't have time to mess with it. When I got home, the battery was dead. Of course. So I disconnected it and charged it up. Hooked it back up and tried it again this morning hoping that it may have reset itself. The alarm went off when i hooked the battery up and nothing changed. The locks are still doing the same thing and my ignition is also locked up. Won't turn over... Any advice from all of you is appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  2. Feb 14, 2019 at 7:12 PM
    HoBoDanny

HoBoDanny Dude...

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 V6 4WD 4Runner
    RCI Skid Plate CBI Ditch Light Brackets Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 265 70R17 113T Tires 1.25” Wheel Spacers TPMS Bypass Mod Hydrocarbon Filter Removed Merca decal 2” leveling kit front only Black headlights
    Push gear selector forward into park till it clicks this should resolve the ignition issue. Find the relay that is clicking and pull it, swap in a different and see f the problem persists. If it does begin tracing wires you either have a short or a bad switch. Good luck

Products Discussed in

To Top