1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power Distribution Group Buy

Discussion in 'Deals & Group Buys' started by dwib44, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Sep 7, 2021 at 3:51 PM
    dwib44

dwib44 [OP] New Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Pro Voodoo Blue
    Guaging interest for a group buy of a power distribution module. Details are:

Module would be mounted on top of existing relay box under the hood

Fully water proof

Include 16 Relays (30A) and 16 Fuses: 10a, 15a, 20a, 30a

Relays 1-10 are power output only: Connected to built in buss bars through fuses 1-10, two pin operation: switch pin and power output pin. All are on common connection for other control input to relays which means these can be active high or active low.

Fuses 11-16 would be free to connect to as needed: In other words these can be used as a standard fuse block and dont have to be tied to a specific relay

Relays 11-16 would be full access relays having access to all 5 pins of each realy: control +, control -, common, normally open, normally closed. This would allow for more complex functionality such as source switching. These could also be used for standard power output as well

Initial cost estimate of each module would be $350 plus shipping, plus some likelyhood of addiontal cost for the output connectors, plugs, and crimp terminals.

Why would you want this? You get a waterproof power distribution module that has 16 relays meaning 16 switchable accessories plus a 6 fuse fuse block all in one module. Would accomodate wire sizes up to 12 awg. All this mounted on top of the factory fuse and realy box lid. Do note this would not come with any dash switches and would be more DIY than things such as a S-Pod or switch pros but its also about half the cost and allows more flexibility and a high number of accessories.

Let me know if you are interested. Currently talking to a manufacturer to get an idea on minumum number of units needed to place an order along with costs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sep 7, 2021 at 3:56 PM
    kwill

kwill New Member

Member:
    Very interesting, but overkill for my needs. I would be much more likely to buy one with half that many circuits.

3. Oct 5, 2021 at 3:55 AM
    LostHusker

LostHusker New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    South TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5
    Curious, I could see this going into the buggy. Will the plugs that go into it be part of the purchase?

4. Oct 5, 2021 at 10:57 AM
    Dillusion

Dillusion New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KYle
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    LostHusker likes this.
  5. Oct 5, 2021 at 12:19 PM
    SunnyTRD

SunnyTRD New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro
    TBD
    Normally I would be interested, but I work in this industry and parts are very hard to get with lead times going into next year. Not trying to be a buzz-kill, but if the manufacturer can provide some solid lead times, I will be interested.

LostHusker likes this.
To Top