1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

(Pic Request) Radiator Support Air Deflector

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by dback68, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Dec 30, 2022 at 4:47 PM
    dback68

dback68 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner Limited
    Hello! I got my first 4Runner (2014 Limited) about two months ago and I have loved it. Over those two months, I began to notice a rattling noise coming from under the front end while going low speeds on residential roads. Today, I replaced my differential fluids and I noticed that the radiator support air deflector (Toyota 52129-35040) was loosely attached with a single screw and was free to flop around.

I looked at the Toyota diagram and ordered the appropriate screws and single fastener (the other screws were missing and one was broken off), but I want to make sure that I mount it correctly when I get the screws in. It looks like two screws and one fastener attach to the metal skid plate while there appear to be two other screws that attach to the radiator area. Would somebody be so kind as to maybe take a picture under their 5th gen showing how this support should attach?

It appears to attach one way, but I want to make sure I don't screw it up. :facepalm:

Products Discussed in

To Top