1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Paranormal experiences

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by The last breed, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Mar 21, 2022 at 1:25 PM
    The last breed

The last breed [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Dying to get my hands on a 4Runner
    My grandma was very sweet and nice. We loved her a lot. She got brain hemorrhage. After three days in coma she passed away. She used to wake up very early in the morning for prayers, and she also used to come to my room to wake me up. She used to rub my face with her hand and tell me wake up my son. It is time for prayers.

My own experience:
    Days after her death, one early morning my grandma rubbed my face and told me to wake up for prayers. It felt so real. I wasn't sleeping, I was awake. I WAS AWAKE.

From reliable sources:
    A rocket hit our neighbor's house and killed a woman. She had a little baby. Next day at night they saw her breastfeeding her baby, they freaked out and there was a lot of noise and she was gone. It happened once, and it never happened again.

Have you had any such experiences that were not normal? Do share with us

2. Mar 21, 2022 at 1:40 PM
    Overland WT

Overland WT Grumpy Old Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    West Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    Many with many more to go
    Rented a house for a year I was living in Charlottesville, VA. Every night, just as I was falling asleep, there was a sensation of someone sitting on the end of the bed. I could feel the covers pulling snug over my feet. Thought it was my daughter. She was 2. Nope, sound asleep. When I left, I asked the woman who rented it who died there. Apparently there was a couple who lived there 40+ years. He died in a care facility. She died in the master tub. Others had said they felt as if they were alone in the house.

The last breed[OP] likes this.
  3. Mar 21, 2022 at 1:51 PM
    slixx1320

slixx1320 New Member

Member:
    Wow.. every night? I'd have left the moment it happened. Was that the only thing you experienced?

4. Mar 21, 2022 at 2:30 PM
    Bertski*69

Bertski*69 New Member

Member:
    I found some haunted yogurt in my refrigerator just this morning...Paranormal Activia

5. Mar 21, 2022 at 2:30 PM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    :D

6. Mar 21, 2022 at 2:59 PM
    dougfresh

dougfresh New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    '22 ORP, '19 Mustang GT, '69 Z/28 Camaro
    My ex's apartment was definitely haunted by something, in the Philly suburbs. Media, PA to be exact. Media Station Apartments they were named.

It started with one night, she awoke to the typical "shadow person" (google it) silhouette by the door, it was several feet tall with what she described with a "flat brim hat", which she said faded through the door upon her staring at it, and then heard some of her cups fall and make noise in the kitchen. Which the next morning, she found a few plastic cups laying on their side. I wasn't there, and she was adamant on what she saw. I was there a few nights later, while we were watching a movie, we witnessed a water bottle propel itself off of the same counter top and fall to the floor. It was one of those bottles with the attached lid that hangs off of it, it was propped against a dryer rack with the lid dangling with the lid facing the rack also. If the bottle were to just fall on its own, with normal physics, it would have slid towards the rack. It went the opposite direction with some force. Insane.

Next thing I witnessed was a couple weeks later, again, watching TV on the couch.. we watched her kitchen trash can lid open and close by itself. We just stared at each other in shock. It was one of those cans that is flat on top and has the lid that is split in the middle. I watched the lids depress down and come back up to flush on their own, almost as if someone walked by and pushed the lid down. Another similar instance around that time was her glass sliding door blinds started moving on their own back and forth, like someone flicked one and it made a few more move. It wasn't a gradual HVAC air current sway, but more of a blunt hit to it that caused the movement.

There were a few instances where clothing garments like socks would disappear and re appear elsewhere in the apartment. Odd things went on for months. She even saw "orb" energy balls a few times. I never saw those. Now to the real weird stuff. This was around the same time the Pope visited Philadelphia. One of our close mutual friend's brother is a priest in the Philly burbs area. He was actually the "selfie priest" if anyone remembers that story where the priest got a selfie with the Pope. He was fortunate enough to meet the Pope and had several prayer cards blessed by him. My ex asked our friend if his brother would be so kind to give her one of those blessed cards to put in the apartment. Well, he did give her one. She put it in the corner of a picture frame that was already on the wall. She wedged the card into the bottom left corner of the frame so it would stay in place. Low and behold, a couple days later, she watched as the card started to bend slowly then forcefully pulled out of the frame and thrown on the floor. I remember her calling me frantic about it. Needless to say, she decided to find a house to buy and moved out as fast as possible from that apartment. Now I'm no expert on this kind of stuff, but it was almost poltergeist like.

7. Mar 21, 2022 at 3:09 PM
    Bodie the Dog

Bodie the Dog New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 4runner TEP, 1994 SR5
    Toytec 3/2 lift, Shrockworks sliders, Shrockworks rear bumper, ARB diff mod, 8 pod RGB LED's, RCI steel front skids, Big Sky katana rack, Reese roof rack
    Does finding a place up in the woods, with blood stains on the rocks and broken crucifixes count? Lots of feathers, too. I noped out of there right away.

8. Mar 21, 2022 at 3:30 PM
    dougfresh

dougfresh New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    That's a whole lotta NOOOOPE

9. Mar 21, 2022 at 3:31 PM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    Must have been a prank :p

10. Mar 21, 2022 at 3:50 PM
    MI-FL off roader

MI-FL off roader T4R Hobby/Addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Merritt Island, FL
    Vehicle:
    03' SR5 Sport - 12' Limited
    Too many mods and too much money
    Early 90s, four of us were tripping on some good paper. I walked out of the bathroom into the living/dining room, and saw a bright orb under the light fixture in the middle of the living room, then it flashed into a streaking bolt about 6 or 7 ft long and disappeared into the wall. 2 of the others had seen it and we all reacted at the same time "WTF was that"!!! It only lasted a couple seconds. The fourth person was looking the other direction but said the whole room lit up like a pyro effect had gone off.

dougfresh and The last breed[OP] like this.
  11. Mar 21, 2022 at 4:33 PM
    banjos-n-beer

banjos-n-beer New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2018 Pro
    Every time we get a new puppy a white orb shows up and checks it out within the first couple of nights.

I caught it on camera the first time as it floated by the puppy.

The second time I watched it move across the room, “pounce” on the puppy, then shoot out of the room. The puppy woke up barking like crazy right after it had pounced on it.

I’m tempted to hire those paranormal investigators the next time we get another puppy.

12. Mar 21, 2022 at 4:48 PM
    Bertski*69

Bertski*69 New Member

Member:
    Ha...There was some good blotter back then...LOL!

13. Mar 21, 2022 at 6:53 PM
    GenoBluzGtr

GenoBluzGtr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geno
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD Pro - Black
    I have frequent episodes of stuff. Doorknobs jiggling with no one on the other side of the door. Things moving several inches on their own (most of the time, in my CLEAR VIEW - yes, I watch them move. I also have the "bed sitting" like Overland WT has. I have actually seen the mattress depress after feeling it. I hear whispers from a specific closet. I have never been able to make out anything that was said, just gibberish, and sounds far away. The moment I open the door, it stops. On one occasion just a few weeks ago I heard what sounded like singing from my basement... same thing, go to check it out and it stops. I live alone, no pets, etc.

I've also had socks disappear (like dougfresh's ex) and then reappear a week or so later in a place that I definitely looked for them. Like hanging on a doorknob that I had touched at least a dozen times in the interim.

My GF has claimed to see shadows and moving lights behind me when we are FaceTiming... I don't see them though.

But, by far, the most amazing thing I've seen/felt/heard was what my ring doorbell caught on video. I have 2 rocking chairs on my porch. One night, in the 9 o'clock hour, my doorbell camera sent me a notification, but I ignored it. The next morning, I checked it out and one of the chairs just started rocking for no reason. Rocked pretty hard for a minute or less, then stopped. The other chair didn't move, the bushes at the corner of my porch showed no wind movement of their leaves. Being a single man in a house, I rarely clean stuff... the chair was covered in dust. there was no sign of anything that had touched the rocker anywhere (I thought perhaps it was a stray cat or come critter that somehow got on to the lower rocker part of the chair without being not he camera, but apparently not).

I've showed that video to folks and they can't explain it. No wind, no critter, and it's not a gentle rock.. it's as if someone sat down and started rocking the chair pretty hard.

I typically do NOT believe in these things. Even now, after several years of these kinds of events, I'm not 100% convinced that there's not some sort of weird logical explanation behind it all, but thus far, I've not been able to sort it out. I should also say that I have NEVER once felt threatened or felt that I should be afraid of whatever it is. I sleep with a loaded AR15, Colt 1911, 12 Gauge pump, an Axe and a couple of knives within arms reach. I've never felt like I need to grab something when I get out of bed to check out a noise or feel something near me. Heaven help a burglar, but I'm good with my "ghostly visitor".

The last breed[OP] and dougfresh like this.
  14. Mar 21, 2022 at 7:18 PM
    dougfresh

dougfresh New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    Reading this actually reminded me of another instance. I came over her place and she was very adamant about finding a specific sock and asked if I had seen it, she had just done laundry. We looked around the entire small apartment several times to no avail. I woke up in the middle of the night like 3-4 am to go to the bathroom. I open the door, close it behind me as to not wake up my ex with the light, turn the light on and would you know it, that exact sock was laying right in the middle of the floor. I wanted to go home immediately. :annoyed:

15. Mar 21, 2022 at 7:19 PM
    Bhux14

Bhux14 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Hays, Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green Trail Edition
    Stock for now
    The house I grew up in had stuff happening all the time while we lived there. There would be footsteps walking around throughout the night . I woke up several nights to the clothes in my closet sliding back and forth on the rod. TVs would turn on by themselves and the stereo would kick on at full blast randomly in the middle of the night.

My little sister was around 3 years old and had an imaginary friend names Claura. We found out there was an old couple that passed away in the house that were named Carl and Laura. Claura lived in my sister's ceiling and her closet had the attic entrance. The house had a log cabin clubhouse built into the basement that you always felt like something was peaking out at you from. The basement always gave the feeling that you had to sprint up the stairs because something was gonna get you.

The people that had bought the house after us said their small children started talking to something in the house that the kids called Claura. They also said their kids didn't want to go in the basement because "Claura was mean down there."

That house gave me a feeling that I have never felt in any other house or building.

The last breed[OP] and dougfresh like this.
  16. Mar 21, 2022 at 7:25 PM
    The last breed

Member:
    First Name:
    Muhammad
    Vehicle:
    :D

17. Mar 21, 2022 at 7:32 PM
    Singleminded

Singleminded New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner Limited
    OEM LED foglights
    I once got 21 MPG in my 4Runner. Talk about paranormal!

18. Mar 22, 2022 at 3:44 PM
    trlhiker

trlhiker Lazy Bum

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4
    I have had several experiences. When I was really young and living in England, I slept on the bottom bunk and my brother on top. One night we both woke up screaming. We had both had something grab our heads at the same time. Happened only once. Fast forward 5 or so years and we were living in Va and I woke up and there was a woman and young child all in white and glowing. She held her finger to her lips as if to say shhhh. I pulled the covers over my head and after some time, fell asleep. The next morning, I asked my mom if she had been up with my younger brother. She said no. Freaked me out. The last time I was camping with some friends about a mile or so from some civil war battlefields. Everyone had gone to bed except for me and one other guy. I was on one side of the fire; he was on the other. It was quiet except for the crackling of the fire. Suddenly something touched me shoulder and at the same touched his shoulder. We bother stood up quickly and turned around and then turned towards each other. I said something touched me and he said he got touched too. We quickly put the fire out and went to bed. The last one was about 25 years ago and I haven't had any experiences since.

19. Mar 22, 2022 at 3:55 PM
    Overland WT

Overland WT Grumpy Old Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    West Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    Many with many more to go
    Most nights, not every night. And yes, my wife heard me call her name from the other end of the house. Problem was I was at Home Depot. We would hear voices on occasion, but not often.

20. Mar 22, 2022 at 4:13 PM
    SlvrSlug

SlvrSlug Slightly bent.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Ramona Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2017 4-Runner SR-5 P. Kings, Built Right uca’s, Durabumps, RSG sliders
    I had quite a few experience’s back in the late 60s early 70s, but i think the LSD had something to do with it.

Singleminded likes this.
  21. Mar 22, 2022 at 4:50 PM
    stunner_4runner

stunner_4runner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Raymond
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner SR5 4WD
    Radflo Stage 3 Lift Kit- 2.5 Extended Front & Rear RR Adjustable Coilovers Total Chaos Upper Arms ARB rear medium springs 3” Aiden James Switchback Fog Bezel Lights 4Runner Lifestyle Amber Raptor Grill Lights Trail Standard Offroad Satin/Matte Black TSO Pro Grille with 4Runner Letters Baja Designs WC Amber Fog Lights Baja Designs XL Sport Amber Ditch Lights with Cali Raised Ditch Light Brackets 2 Baja Designs LP6 Amber Behind the grille lights 2 SNS Designs 5" Amber Behind the grille lights N-FAB behind the grill lighting mount Pedal commander Jet Performance Mass Flo Air Sensor 315/70/17 Cooper STT Pro Fuel Rims Custom Magnaflow exhaust with Series 50 Flowmaster Muffler Alpharex Nova Midnight Black Headlights AFE Momentum GT Dry Filter CAI BantamX Touchscreen for Universal with sPOD Alpharex PRO-Series LED Tail Lights Jet Black Mid-Atlantic Off-Roading Full Length Roof Rack Outgear Solutions Low Key Front Bumper 4WDKING 30’ LED Light Bar for the Bumper RSG Front Skid Plate
    For my honeymoon, the wifey and I took a Caribbean cruise out of New Orleans. Once we got back from the cruise, we stayed an extra few days in New Orleans to check out the city. The hotel we stayed at was the Royal Sonesta on Bourbon Street. One of the nights, my wife and I decided to take a ghost tour. The ghost tour started out great and the tour guide was taking us to all these great spooky spots. One of the spots the tour guide took us to was the Gardette-LePretre Mansion. The tour guide was explaining the history of the mansion and let us know that if you are to take a picture of the mansion, sometimes the picture will go blurry seconds later. Well, of course, my wife wanted to see if this was true, so she took a picture with her cell phone of the mansion, and within a few seconds the picture was blurry and her screen was frozen. This freaked out my wife.

Fast forward, we return back to our hotel and I am exhausted from the adventurous day we just had. I get into bed with my wife and I fall asleep. Around 1AM in the morning I wake up to find my wife wide awake. I ask her why isn’t she sleeping and she lets me know that the ghost tour spooked her out. She asks if we can turn the tv on which would help her fall to sleep, in which I agree to. She falls to sleep shortly after and now I am wide awake. I am just laying there, trying to force myself back to sleep when all of a sudden, I feel what seems to be someone’s hand pushing down on my left pectoral, trying to push me through the bed. I look through the corner of my eye to see my wife still asleep. I start to yell out for her “Help Me” but could not get the words out. This experience happened for about 20-30 seconds, until it stopped. After, whatever had happened, I woke my wife and let her know of the incident. We did not go back to sleep, but when sun light came about, we went to the front desk and asked for another room.

22. Mar 28, 2022 at 3:36 PM
    Bertski*69

Bertski*69 New Member

Member:
    My Psychology instructor in college was doing an ice breaker speech the first day of class...He asked the group if anyone in the room had ever had relations with a ghost...I raised my hand...He asked me to share my experience...I apologized when I realized that sitting way in the back the room I thought he had said goat!

23. Mar 28, 2022 at 3:39 PM
    dougfresh

dougfresh New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    Almost sounds like sleep paralysis - and/or the fabled incubus.

Products Discussed in

To Top