1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Painting stock bumpers black

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by NorthGa4R, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Jun 15, 2019 at 10:51 PM
    NorthGa4R

NorthGa4R [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Vehicle:
    2005 4runner sr5
    N/a
    Has anyone painted or bedlined their stock bumpers black. My front bumper has a crack and missing paint.

929789B2-8498-4D22-AB54-D3E15FD86891.jpg

2. Jun 15, 2019 at 11:26 PM
    aroyalsfan

aroyalsfan The Owner

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner SR5 Premium - Midnight Black Metallic(218) - 4WD
    Westin Pro Traxx 5 Hood and side window deflectors Black exhaust tip Tinted front windows Billet grill overlay Badge Overlays painted Cavalry Blue Powder coated stock Trail Wheels gloss black 12 Volt Solutions plug and play remote start To do list: led swap Speaker upgrades Sound deadening doors Maybe list: rear backup sensors
    I've become a super fan of SEM products. They have a whole line of acrylic paints for damn near anything you want to do. Haven't used their bumper coater yet but I'll venture to say it's just as high of quality as their trim black, 1k gloss, and high build primer....all which I've used and have had great results.

Most auto paint supply shops carry their products or you can order online.

https://www.semproducts.com/product/bumper-coatertm-aerosols#product-details

If you want a bandaid then use Bedliner. The crack will come back just like a spackle crack on the wall.

If you want some results that last longer you probably need to use a fiberglass patch kit...possibly Bondo glass will work for that. After it cures you'll need to sand and feather the edges, and then prime it before you add the bed liner or paint.

smiley62 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top