1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ole blue got bruised

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by Jynarik, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Jul 29, 2021 at 11:33 AM
    Jynarik

Jynarik [OP] I like boobies

Member:
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd pro voodoo
    Had a lady turn in front of me. Relatively low speed but definitely did some damage. virtual estimate over $7k, I expect it sill be well over 10k when I take it to the shop.

Assuming nothing is structurally jacked up and door gap isn’t fudged, etc., I’m thinking about repairing it myself. Upgrade to full bumper and throw a carbon fiber hood on it.

6444A95B-03FC-4649-B8D0-FF53D9CF5CA8.jpg

2. Jul 29, 2021 at 1:23 PM
    SR5 Limited

SR5 Limited New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 SR5 Limited
    Noooiooooooooooo!

mousemeat and Thatbassguy like this.
  3. Jul 29, 2021 at 1:27 PM
    Daddykool

Daddykool Photography enthusiast

Member:
    Ouch, sorry to see that. You're more ambitious than I - I would let her insurance restore it to original. But I get it - if you already wanted to do this stuff, maybe the cash from the collision can pay for it.

Toy4X4 and Thatbassguy like this.
  4. Jul 29, 2021 at 2:07 PM
    nimby

nimby in the drink

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    California
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5P
    Dang. Sorry to see this. :(

Toy4X4 and Thatbassguy like this.
  5. Jul 29, 2021 at 3:00 PM
    Thatbassguy

Thatbassguy New member? Really??

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    RSG sliders, Yakima offgrid basket, Pro-Comp wheels, SOS Streamline bumper and skids, Warn VR EVO10S winch + Ultimate Sidewinder, Bilstein 6112 + 5100 + rear lift coils, Rigid Dually SS ditch lights w/Caliraised brackets and OEM style dash switch
    That sucks! But, I like the way you think. If you're in the market for a full bumper, now's the time.

Toy4X4, Doglover2003 and brownersd like this.
  6. Jul 29, 2021 at 3:24 PM
    Jynarik

Member:
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd pro voodoo
    never wanted one before but if I had one, I wouldn’t be in this situation lol. I have an extra vehicle right now and they don’t mind me borrowing it for awhile. Probably go with hefty fab for aluminum

7. Jul 29, 2021 at 3:40 PM
    Bonitobob

Bonitobob New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 V8 Sport
    That’s worst case damage. Forever now an accident freak. :(

8. Jul 29, 2021 at 3:53 PM
    Jynarik

Member:
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd pro voodoo
    thats fine. Never plan on selling it anyways.

9. Jul 29, 2021 at 4:16 PM
    brownersd

brownersd You are the weakest link, buh-bye!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Humble, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium
    :( Aww man! Glad at least, you weren't hurt!

Cheers,

Sean

olliechristoper likes this.
  10. Jul 30, 2021 at 11:53 AM
    PhantomTweak

PhantomTweak New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    OREGON
    Vehicle:
    1999 4Runner, bone stock
    None. Bone Stock. EXCEPT: Brushguard, tow hitch, both welded to the frame. It's good to have friends and a fully equipped garage!
    Glad you weren't hurt!
    Now, get on, and STAY on both insurance companies. A lot of the time, yours will pay (eventually), and then go after HERS to recoup their cash. Happened to me.
    I was stopped to make a left turn in a two lane, no suicide lane. At night. All my lights, including turn signals, worked great. Good ol' Toyota, they even still did after, so I could prove to the cops that they did.Young kid came up and rear ended me. Very rude. After the motorcycle accidents I've had, I had a great lawyer, there in Yuma. Got some hilarious news from him. MY insurance paid, then went after his. He had never notified his insurance! They were a mite peeved with him, to say the least.
    HIS insurance company sued him, then MY insurance company sued him, and finally, my lawyer sued him. I thought it was great. Needless to say, his family was less than impressed.
    Heck, my wife got whiplash. To be expected. When the kid's mother arrived on scene, she tried to make a BFD, wanting my wife's complete medical history. They had bigger problems than that. Thankfully, the cops grabbed her, and pulled her away. I was getting a little tired of her, and my fists started balling up. The cops knew from when a little old lady pulled out in front of my motorcycle, sending me on a short, but exciting, flight, that I might go off on the kid, her, his truck, you name it, if she kept her trash up. I tried to on the little old lady, but I had a badly shattered arm, and a huge motor officer holding me down by the helmet :D I kept trying to get up, though. I was going to kill her right there on the spot.

Anywho, my lawyer took everyone to court, got me a great settlement out of it all. Make her pay for complete repairs. She's must restore you to the pre-accident state. Get copies of ALL the paperwork you can. People tend to try to lessen their responsibility when things get to court. "Yes, I pulled in front of him, but he was a) speeding, b) ran the light/sign, c) drunk. So at least some of it is HIS fault!" A completed police report can settle a lot of arguments very quickly!
    Do NOT let her get away with it. A lawyer sounds expensive, but just remember, the more he can get you, the more he gets, so he should fight like crazy to get you as much as he can. Small price to pay for $200,000.00 settlement in your pocket!

Keep us up-to-date on how things are going :)
    Pat☺

11. Jul 30, 2021 at 12:03 PM
    kmeeg

kmeeg LionRunner

Member:
    I was interested in getting new bumper and few other things when Toyota dealership crashed mine but not only they were not willing to work that route they did utterly pathetic repair job resulting me complain to Toyota and end up with dealer buying my 4Runner and got my self a new 4Runner. I would never let other party insurance do the work again. I would let my insurance do the work if I get to an accident again and let my insurance take the money from party at fault. Since I have umbrella coverage I bet it would be enough to fight at the court as well.

12. Jul 30, 2021 at 12:29 PM
    Jynarik

Member:
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd pro voodoo
    Thanks for the words. As much as I’d love to take them to the ringer for this shit, it was low speed and the damage is relatively minor all things considered. All I will fight for is that everything is fixed to condition it was prior, including compensation for my aftermarket parts

A&P and Toy4X4 like this.
  13. Jul 30, 2021 at 2:54 PM
    Jynarik

Member:
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd pro voodoo
    Here’s the estimate based off pictures. Will get it in shop this week. Thoughts?58B91C22-F855-43D0-A170-CF605243ABC7.jpgBE7014E5-8112-4907-94D8-54E69161AE03.jpg

14. Aug 1, 2021 at 8:18 PM
    Keirik

Keirik New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    21 Pro Lunar Rock
    Thoughts, and I’m a newbie here so excuse me if I’m stating the obvious or don’t know your connections, but if you are going new off-road full by,per, lead times are pretty crazy depending on which one you go with. I’d make a decision sooner rather than later if you are talking 6-8 weeks for the perfect one you want. Beautiful build btw and that is easily the best color.

15. Aug 2, 2021 at 5:19 AM
    mousemeat

mousemeat New Member

Member:
    Memphis, TN.
    Vehicle:
    1997 4 runner limited
    upgraded suspension, large all terrain tires
    been there...but I decided to let the collision shop handle repairs..and yeah, it was somewhat costly..

16. Aug 3, 2021 at 4:16 PM
    Jynarik

Member:
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd pro voodoo
    Having a grand ole time with shops. Went to one and he wanted to argue about everything and that other person’s insurance sucks and they won’t pay for OEM. I pointed out that their estimate is damn close to OEM, he said no, he’s been doing this for 20x years…he ran an estimate with OEM parts and it was $600 more. I said Falcon insurance won’t care about another $600 bucks. He said no they won’t pay.

went to another shop right after, guy walked out and said they won’t even deal with Falcon insurance lol

Called agent at falcon, who has been great so far, and she said she will put in for an estimate with OEM parts. See how that goes. If not, I will claim through my insurance (farmers).

really, I just want a detailed estimate to make sure there’s no structural damage so I can get the check and fix it myself

2Toys likes this.
  17. Aug 3, 2021 at 6:21 PM
    Keirik

Keirik New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    21 Pro Lunar Rock
    Now why won’t you go through your insurance as well? Have you gotten a hold of the Police report to see if they are deeming it 100% their fault? If so, you still are better going through your insurance and getting reimbursed later on for your deductible. Your insurance will fight for you much more than someone else’s insurance will from my experience so if you hit a roadblock you can always go that route.

18. Aug 3, 2021 at 6:32 PM
    Jynarik

Member:
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd pro voodoo
    no police report and other insurance already admitted fault. My problem with mine is when I asked about my aftermarket parts, she said I don’t have coverage on aftermarket, whereas the other company should restore my vehicle to where it was prior to accident.

19. Aug 3, 2021 at 7:37 PM
    Keirik

Keirik New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    21 Pro Lunar Rock
    Woah. Very fortunate the other insurance admitted fault. When I was younger, some girl decided to change lanes right into me. She apologized, swore up and down she would pay, will call her insurance an hour later, etc. What did she do? Went home, called her insurance, and said I turned into her lol. No police report so no way to prove anything outside of he said she said. It was before cell phone cameras so there is that too. I’d always file a Police report from scene just to be safe. I’m only saying this as someone in law enforcement now years later. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

2Toys and interceptor like this.
  20. Aug 3, 2021 at 7:41 PM
    interceptor

interceptor Crash Test Dummy

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '21 ABM Venture
    This.

Ironguy, 2Toys and Mtbpsych like this.
  21. Aug 3, 2021 at 7:46 PM
    Jynarik

Member:
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd pro voodoo
    Dash cam was cut and dry. No need for police on a minor accident on a busy rainy day for them

2Toys and LandCruiser like this.
  22. Aug 3, 2021 at 7:51 PM
    LandCruiser

LandCruiser I have Toyotas

Member:
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    5th Gen OG TE
    Most insurance companies will let you upload video, I would strongly suggest giving it to your insurance company and hers.

Also pretty lucky that you didn’t get dinged for hitting someone who pulled out in front of you.

23. Aug 3, 2021 at 8:13 PM
    Jynarik

Member:
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd pro voodoo
    wtf are you talking about? Shits already been settled and why would I get “dinged” for someone making an illegal turn in front of me?

24. Aug 3, 2021 at 10:17 PM
    Keirik

Keirik New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    21 Pro Lunar Rock
    Well, I’m only trying to help. I hear ya and you might be right, but depending on state, if you agreed verbally to not file a report and 5 minutes later she dials 911 and says you left the scene without her permission when she wanted to file a report, she could file an auto accident leaving scene which would find you at fault regardless of how the accident happens. Leaving the scene trumps that. Further, if she then said “you know, now that I think about it my neck hurts” and it’s auto accident with injury leaving the scene which is an arrest. She could lie through her teeth and without it investigated at the scene by the Police, it’s just one word against another. Just some food for thought in the future.

brownersd, interceptor and Ironguy like this.
  25. Aug 3, 2021 at 10:19 PM
    Keirik

Keirik New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    21 Pro Lunar Rock
    Technically, you are responsible for everything in front of you even if she cuts you off. I’m a bit surprised her insurance isn’t fighting with you but thank god you have the dash cam. That likely saved you. Smart. I’d still have filed a report though lol

Mtbpsych and interceptor like this.
  26. Aug 4, 2021 at 5:20 AM
    newlife

newlife Not all who wander are ...... squirrel

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2021 venture 22 JTR
    All of them.
    Damn man that sucks. Hopefully theirs no structural damage. My wife was recently rear ended and her whole hatch and bumper had to be replaced. I was not expecting it to cost almost 11k in damages but our insurance jumped in (lady that hit her had none) and didn’t even bat an eye at the cost. Now we’re just waiting for the diminished value check after having it appraised at three different places.

27. Aug 4, 2021 at 6:10 AM
    Jynarik

Member:
    Austin Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd pro voodoo
    how much did they pay for diminished value if you don’t mind me asking?

28. Aug 4, 2021 at 6:13 AM
    newlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2021 venture 22 JTR
    All of them.
    We haven’t gotten the final approval yet. But it looks like somewhere between 5 and 7k. It’s all dependent on our insurance.

Jynarik[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  29. Aug 4, 2021 at 6:13 AM
    can0nfan2379

can0nfan2379 New Member

Member:
    Arid-zona
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP...2013 TRD OR DCSB Tacoma

How did you go about doing the diminished value? When my Tacoma got into an accident, it almost seemed like I'd have to go to small claims court to go after it so I didn't pursue it. Was it just 3 appraisals and then find comps for same model/mileage without an accident history at dealers?

30. Aug 4, 2021 at 6:33 AM
    newlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2021 venture 22 JTR
    All of them.
    Pretty much. Our insurance company told us to get the three quotes of what the company’s would buy her truck for and then they are comparing it to a non accident 4Runner resale and I’m assuming that after that they do the average and send us the check. That’s where the 5-7k comes from. The adjuster told us it would most likely be in that number. One dealership we went to wouldn’t even give us a quote because they “weren’t wasting their time if we weren’t actually selling or buying” that one was my fault for being honest upfront lol.

A&P and can0nfan2379[QUOTED] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top