1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM Running Board Regret?

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by LethCarBoot, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Apr 13, 2021 at 6:01 PM
    LethCarBoot

LethCarBoot [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey folks - I’m taking delivery of an ORP this month. It comes with the OEM running boards. I’d like to remove them but am concerned that I may get more paint chipping from rocks/debris - especially when driving on gravel. This has not been an issue on my Tacoma, but the front mud flaps are a fair bit longer. Anyone regret removing there OEM boards? Or, have folks experienced significantly more chipping issues without boards or sliders? Thanks in advance!

2. Apr 13, 2021 at 6:29 PM
    kmeeg

kmeeg LionRunner

Member:
    I'd say keep the running boards until you get sliders. They definitely helps imo.

Further more I wish my sliders don't have holes on the top plate. I do have the mud flaps but it's hard to listen to all those rocks hitting under body and don't know if they are hitting the door through those holes.

For sure I know they are hitting the rear shocks pretty badly because when I removed my old shocks for the new lift there were paint damage on the front facing.

3. Apr 13, 2021 at 7:16 PM
    Thatbassguy

Thatbassguy New member? Really??

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    RSG sliders, Yakima offgrid basket, Pro-Comp wheels, SOS Streamline bumper and skids, Warn VR EVO10S winch + Ultimate Sidewinder, Bilstein 6112 + 5100 + rear lift coils, Rigid Dually SS ditch lights w/Caliraised brackets and OEM style dash switch
    Mine came without running boards and the mudflaps did fine one their own for the first few thousand miles.

Take them off if you don't like them. There are aftermarket mudflaps if you decide you need them as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top