1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Noise from drivers seat

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by brownersd, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Oct 23, 2020 at 8:28 AM
    brownersd

brownersd [OP] You are the weakest link, buh-bye!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Humble, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium
    Hey hey guys and gals! I wanted to reach out to you since I've encountered a little bit of an issue that is driving me a little nuts. When driving, I will get a random "click" in the driver seat. I am trying to determine where it's coming from, but it sounds like a track that was out of line snapping back into place. It's not very loud, and happens very randomly. I've taken it in once, and they said that they couldn't hear anything. The technician was about 5' tall and had the seat all the way almost up to the steering wheel. I have kinda long legs, and sit with the seat all the way back. This didn't happen on my 2019 ORP, so it's really weird. I have another appointment on Monday, but just checking to see if anyone has experienced, and what it turned out to be. Thank you all in advance.

Cheers,

Sean

2. Mar 13, 2021 at 12:41 PM
    DRH

DRH TRD Broverlander Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Santa Clarita, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORP
    I am having the same issue with my 2020 ORP. Just did a suspension upgrade and was listening for any issues. Noticed a click when staring and stopping from the driver seat. Does not do it for the wife, only when I drive it. I am bigger (6'3", 200+lbs), so the seat is all the way back. If I can't figure it out, I will take it in to the dealer.

3. Aug 9, 2021 at 5:45 PM
    mm214runner

mm214runner New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 4Runner
    I’m having the same issue as described in previous post. 2021 Nightshade, just over 3k miles today. 6’5” and have seat all the way back. Just started today, when seat is moved forward it doesn’t happen. Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

4. Aug 10, 2021 at 8:12 AM
    iamincrediboy

iamincrediboy New Member

Member:
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 4Runner Limited - Silver
    Shot in the dark here but since you're all quite tall, do you recall whether it only happens when you go over a bump? Thinking that there is a relatively loose rubber/plastic flap on the back of the seat that covers the opening down to the floor, and when you go over a bump it literally bonces down and hits the rear seat floor mat...? Since if you're more forward, that flap is pressed against the rails so it doesnt bounce? :notsure:

5. Aug 10, 2021 at 8:48 AM
    DRH

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Santa Clarita, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORP
    I just moved the seat up a tiny bit and the noise is gone. Here is a thread on the known issue.
    https://www.4runners.com/threads/driver-seat-creaking-noise.20890/#post-259716

Over the LINE and PreCiiSiioN like this.
  6. Aug 10, 2021 at 9:16 AM
    interceptor

interceptor Crash Test Dummy

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '21 ABM Venture
    I wonder if this is what I've been hearing every time I drive off (I'm a tall one and also keep the seat back pretty far). To me, it sounded like a "relay chattering" briefly when I go from Park to Drive or Reverse to Drive (the noise is definitely inside). I'll have to pay closer attention and/or move my seat. I've mostly ignored it.

7. Aug 10, 2021 at 9:22 AM
    DRH

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Santa Clarita, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORP
    For me it was a very faint clicking noise mostly when starting and stopping put pressure on the seat.

interceptor[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Aug 10, 2021 at 12:44 PM
    Over the LINE

Over the LINE New Member

Member:
    New Orleans
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Offroad

Products Discussed in

To Top