1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

*NEW* Ride Shocks

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by AccuTune Offroad, May 21, 2024.

1. May 21, 2024 at 10:03 AM
    AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad [OP] New Member Vendor

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2.5" Fox Suspension
    If you're in the market for high quality aftermarket shocks that provide the best ride quality possible, RIDE Shocks is it! We've been working on this project for 4+ years now, and we are thrilled to finally offer our very own shock brand, Ride Shocks.

-Ride Shocks are 100% designed and assembled here in San Diego, California.
    -Ride Shocks are pre-tuned based on your 4Runners front & rear weight range.
    -Each shock option will come with weight range specific valving with the main piston and the adjusters.
    -We have (3) 4Runner coilover options with different spring rates and (4) rear shock options.
    -4Runner specific Shock Fitment Guide
    -Our front reservoir bracket works with or without KDSS.
    -Every shock is a 2.5" aluminum body design that is equipped with our patent pending Dual Piston Adjusters. The adjusters offer 12 clicks of high and low speed compression adjustments.
    -Our shocks flow a ton of oil with massive -10 shock fittings & hoses and are specifically designed to work with our linear piston.
    -These shocks have it all and we've been testing and tuning like crazy to make them work amazing both on and off-road.
    -Ride Shocks carry a 3 year / 50k mile warranty and 30 day money back vow
    -Ride Shocks will be available on www.rideshocks.com or sold in packages on www.accutuneoffroad.com

Take a look and let us know what you think! Please post up any questions you may have or send a private message. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2024
  2. May 21, 2024 at 10:06 AM
    AccuTune Offroad

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2.5" Fox Suspension
  3. May 21, 2024 at 11:30 AM
    SlvrSlug

SlvrSlug Slightly bent.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Ramona Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2017 4-Runner SR-5 P. Kings, Built Right uca’s, Durabumps, RSG sliders
    If I didn’t already have Kings i would be all over this.

AccuTune Offroad[OP] likes this.
  4. Jun 11, 2024 at 6:14 AM
    AccuTune Offroad

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2.5" Fox Suspension
    We've been working on a comparison article, but that may take a little longer than expected. We've got a ton of details to dive into and share with everyone. For example: our Dual Piston Adjuster that offers High & Low Speed Compression adjustment has 2 pistons. These two pistons have valving that help control oil flow into the reservoir, and this valving is different depending on the shock application. For Example: front 4Runner DPA will have different valving than the rear. To our knowledge, no one else offers this. Excited to keep sharing more details.

DPA-adjuster_03.jpg

muddyix likes this.
  5. Jun 11, 2024 at 8:43 AM
    Acesandeights

Acesandeights #34

Member:
    So Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2024 ORP
    265/70/17 BFG AT KO2, chapstick in the cup holder
    How do your new shocks address rebound, meaning is it adjustable and separate from compression?

BTW, your product looks/sounds very well designed. I'm used to motorcycle suspension, pretty fluent in how dampers work, and your offering looks like it could be the best I've seen for 4Runners.

It'll be interesting to see some "shootouts".

2018 Limited likes this.
  6. Jun 11, 2024 at 11:31 AM
    AccuTune Offroad

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2.5" Fox Suspension
    Thanks for the kind words!

Rebound control is tuned internally with main piston valving. That valving is tuned specifically for the weight range targeted. We opted to not have an external rebound adjustment to keep costs down, and keep the product simple & user friendly.

Acesandeights[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Jun 11, 2024 at 11:37 AM
    Acesandeights

Acesandeights #34

Member:
    So Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2024 ORP
    265/70/17 BFG AT KO2, chapstick in the cup holder
    That makes sense to me. I'm not sure adjustable rebound damping would be beneficial to most users anyway.

I looked at your website and I think you're going to give some of the other names in suspension a run for their money. Do you consider OME/BP-51 a direct competitor? Sorry if I'm derailing your thread a bit with the additional questions.

8. Jun 11, 2024 at 12:01 PM
    AccuTune Offroad

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2.5" Fox Suspension
    All good, I appreciate the interest.

External rebound adjustment range wouldn't be very large. We would also need to dive deeper into that subject and educate customers on how and why to make changes. For high speed racing, dirt bikes, mountain biking etc, external rebound adjustments are more common and have become the norm.

We are certainly going to be competing with quite a few shock brands. We've been doing our homework for quite a while now so we're excited to push the industry in the right direction. Ultimately the end users will benefit from even better product offerings.

Acesandeights[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jun 11, 2024 at 2:00 PM
    kmeeg

kmeeg New Member

Member:
    I don't know if there is an answer for this or not.

1) Suspension -
    My biggest complaint with aftermarket suspension is on road manners. I really loved how softly the suspension like factory XREAS eat bumps and potholes on the road. When I spent around $4000 or more on just shocks I thought they give "Cadillac" like ride quality (This is the term 4x4shop gave me) on pavement. But its not. (I did play with both high and low compression adjusters including softest setting.)

But off pavement the story turns upside down where it absorbs all the bumps and can drive just like driving on highway. I absolutely love driving on trails.

I wish there is a product that can give factory on road comfort and also give trail comfort both slow and medium speed with 3in front and 2in rear lift on a 4runner closer to factory weight (practically 5000 lbs) with Standard / C load tires would be super awesome.​

Please don't ask for the name of the 4x4 shop or shock brand. Bashing any shop or brand is not my intention.

2) UCA -
    My next pain is the maintenance required by aftermarket UCAs. Wish they are maintenance free like factory UCAs.

10. Jun 11, 2024 at 2:39 PM
    AccuTune Offroad

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2.5" Fox Suspension
    Great questions, and thanks for posting up.

Ride quality is definitely going to be subjective. The shop you went to may have mentioned Cadillac ride quality bc they truly thought so, maybe they havn't experienced properly tuned shocks, or they were just trying to sell you something in stock. Hard to say. In our opinion, off the shelf shocks wont be perfect for everyone and thats why we offer our tuning services. I think most would be surprised at what a few different shims inside a shock can do to ride quality. Happy to help if you have Fox or King!

What you are describing is exactly what we are offering. I've driven our KDSS equipped 4Runner a few times and it drives great. We have new BFG 285/70/17 (C-rated) and its awesome. Smooth on the highway, soaks up big bumps and does what I need off-road. For taller suspension you wont want it to be as soft as factory, or you would get excessive body roll and bottom out off-road a lot. There must be a balance for comfort and control. C-rated tires are a great option, and everyone should stay away from E-rated. Those are a ride quality killer.
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7CeNJFtzNu/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

UCA maintenance being a pain? What pains are you speaking of?

11. Jun 11, 2024 at 3:14 PM
    kmeeg

kmeeg New Member

Member:
    5000 miles re-grease on my SPC UCA.
    I know many say that get a grease gun and DIY. Me personally don't like that. I wish there's UCAs like factory ones that doesn't need re-grease / lubrication / cleaning. But my shop did warn me lifting = added maintenance.

For the shocks I ordered, the 4x4shop had experience with them, had one or 2 youtube videos with other youtubers interviewing it. The suspension was not in stock. I think I waited closer to 6 months for the manufacturer to send the shock to my 4x4shop.

As for ride comfort I'm someone who really want softer ride. I even dislike stock TRD Pro Fox even with standard swaybars comfort level. XREAS too my sweet spot of eating bumps and potholes while have very good control on body roll without compromising comfort. For sure it might be personal taste how individual want their comfort be.

Too bad these are complected things and not easy as making my guitar that feels good to play yet sound perfect. :D

Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
  12. Jun 11, 2024 at 3:57 PM
    backpacker

backpacker New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD ORP
    RSG sliders, Falken Wildpeak 265/70R/17 E
    C'mon, you're still young! The hardest part of that job is getting up off the ground after you've done it.

Acesandeights and kmeeg[QUOTED] like this.
  13. Jun 11, 2024 at 4:33 PM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts New Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    22 LR ORP
    Sherpa Crestone. 4X Innovations Sliders
    There are maintenance free UCA, check out Tinkers adventure you tube.

kmeeg[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Jun 11, 2024 at 5:38 PM
    kmeeg

kmeeg New Member

Member:
    Other that factory Toyota UCA only Ironman is maintenance free right? But it doesn't seem to have much of an advantage in terms of alignment compared to factory UCA.

Anyways, my main concern is aftermarket suspension not comfortable as stock 4Runner on pavement.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
  15. Jul 2, 2024 at 2:49 PM
    FourT6and2

FourT6and2 New Member

Member:
    I have the new Dirt King UCA and they are 100% maintenance free. The only other one I would consider is Dobinson. But they are hard to get. Their ball joint is slightly better compared to the Moog Problem Solver that Dirt King uses. But then again, you can get Moog Problem Solver at most part shops and it's easy enough to replace should something happen. But the frame/pivot side of their UCA has some pretty nice bushings/sleeves that do not require grease. They're also readily available without having to wait months and months like most every other brand.

Since Accutune sells them, I don't feel bad about plugging them here haha.

[​IMG]

16. Jul 2, 2024 at 3:30 PM
    hossler1788

hossler1788 Turtle

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Central Pa
    Vehicle:
    2020 4runner

I believe dobinson are maintenence free.

Products Discussed in

To Top