1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New exhaust on 88'

Discussion in '1st Gen 4Runners (1984-1989)' started by bferrie, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Jun 4, 2020 at 3:54 AM
    bferrie

bferrie [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    88 4Runner
    Replaced the exhaust, cat back on my 88 4Runner this week. Wanted to share because of how easy. Catalytic Converter came from O'Reillys. MagnaFlow for $95. Did a lot reading trying to find an affordable 'system' behind the cat. (this is a weekend pleasure truck... ) Found the tailpipe to be discontinued and this is good to know... tailpipe is 2/3's of the exhaust. Found a complete, welded exhaust from PartsGeek. $107 (connection pipe to the cat, muffler, tailpipe and needed hangers) under $125 delivered to my home. Bolted up perfectly and did it all on my garage floor. It's a little 'throatier' than I expected but there is a definite boost in power.

88 exhaust.jpg
    88 exhaust 2.jpg

MI-FL off roader likes this.
  2. Jul 5, 2020 at 8:05 AM
    gwlowe

gwlowe New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    California
    Vehicle:
    1988 4Runner DLX
    SR5 gauges, Alloys that need refinishing, Double DIN Kenwood w/ 4 speakers (3rd set of speaker, 4th receiver). @ 443,xxx miles - rebuild engine, rebuild trans, Softopper, LCE header, new cat, Bosal muffler/tailpipe, paint.
    Just did the same back in April, picked up a similar Bosal assembly from Summit, everyone else wanted ungodly amounts for shipping.

I went one step further & installed the LCEngineering header as well (20+ years parking at the beach took it's toll on the rest of the exhaust).

To Top