1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 4Runner Blues

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Burnt Taco, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Jul 15, 2021 at 5:27 PM
    Burnt Taco

Burnt Taco [OP] "Like that's just your opinion, man".

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '22 ORP, Wife's 2020 SR5
    New to the forum. Late to the game. Wanted a 2021 white Venture with KDSS,
    moon roof and sliding cargo tray. No go so will wait for MY 2022 to get either a ORP or a Pro.
    Tucson dealers suck big time: gouging, low product knowledge and unwilling to search for anything other than "allocated vehicles".
    So, when MY 2022 are available does anyone know of a reputable dealer in AZ who is willing to do the work?
    Also considering ordering one.
    Thanks. Any input appreciated.

2. Jul 15, 2021 at 5:33 PM
    GrantA

GrantA Enjoying God’s creation

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Fully locked 2020 SR5 Premium
    - GOBI roof rack and ladder - Westcott Design Rock sliders - M.O.R.E. Underbody Skid plates - Dual ARB air compressor & ARB single compressor - LED interior lighting - Ironman 2.0 meter awning and enclosure - Ironman winch with factor55 hook - Ironman foam cell pro suspension - Ironman recovery snatch rope - Ironman recovery traction boards - lilbscustomfab Hybrid Front Bumper - lilbscustomfab BMC - RRW RR7-H Hybrid Beadlock wheels - Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/75/17 M/T - 4.88 gears - ARB front air locker - ARB rear air locker - Hi-lift jack & mount - Sony aftermarket speakers - LASFIT External LED Light Conversion - Center console organizer - Glovebox organizer - ICS phone Mount holder - C4 rear bumper with dual swing arms - C4 gas skid plate - C4 rear diff skid plates
    Earnhardt Toyota is where I got mine

Toy4X4 likes this.
  3. Jul 15, 2021 at 6:03 PM
    Burnt Taco

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '22 ORP, Wife's 2020 SR5
    Thanks.

4. Jul 15, 2021 at 6:09 PM
    GrantA

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    - GOBI roof rack and ladder - Westcott Design Rock sliders - M.O.R.E. Underbody Skid plates - Dual ARB air compressor & ARB single compressor - LED interior lighting - Ironman 2.0 meter awning and enclosure - Ironman winch with factor55 hook - Ironman foam cell pro suspension - Ironman recovery snatch rope - Ironman recovery traction boards - lilbscustomfab Hybrid Front Bumper - lilbscustomfab BMC - RRW RR7-H Hybrid Beadlock wheels - Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/75/17 M/T - 4.88 gears - ARB front air locker - ARB rear air locker - Hi-lift jack & mount - Sony aftermarket speakers - LASFIT External LED Light Conversion - Center console organizer - Glovebox organizer - ICS phone Mount holder - C4 rear bumper with dual swing arms - C4 gas skid plate - C4 rear diff skid plates
  5. Jul 15, 2021 at 6:22 PM
    Sandbuster

Sandbuster Breaking Wind

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Offroad
    Power Commander, LED lights upgrade, Eibach Pro Truck Series suspension upgrade (front & rear), Airbags (rear), dash integrated trailer brake control, Body Armor front bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch
    Note the ad says "Call for price" - Have your smelling salts handy...

Hiluxforever and Ironguy like this.
  6. Jul 15, 2021 at 6:29 PM
    GrantA

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Go through Costco

7. Jul 15, 2021 at 6:51 PM
    Slopemaster

Slopemaster Slope Survivalist

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5
    265-70-17 Ridge Grapplers, TRD Pro rims, 3M precut bra, N-Fab nerf/steps
    I used to use Costco for tires and batteries but they are so busy and lack customer service, I go elsewhere.

Years ago my wife went to Costco just to get a free tire rotation, she had to wait several hours. BS.

Hopefully buying a car through them is much easier.

8. Jul 15, 2021 at 6:57 PM
    GrantA

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    It is all online. You don’t actually buy a car through Costco. They forward your information to the dealership they partner with and you get Costco prices. I agree on the tires and such. Would not use them for that anymore.

Slopemaster[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jul 15, 2021 at 9:07 PM
    Burnt Taco

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '22 ORP, Wife's 2020 SR5
    Tried Costco. Yes, they hook you up with the dealership of your choice. You get a reduced price.
    I think the issue is that the Venture was a limited edition and we are now down to the dregs of the 21 year. Have searched all over the country. No luck. I have a connection with Earnhardt but again, the same problem of limited supply and end of year. None of the Ventures at Earnhardt have KDSS.
    Guess I'll wait for 2022.
    Thoughts on ordering one?
    Had a Mustang GT/CS built last year and was able to have it built to my specs. Don't believe Toyota does that.
    Thanks all.

10. Jul 15, 2021 at 9:23 PM
    Deadmeat99

Deadmeat99 New Member

Member:
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2021 Venture
    KDSS equipped seem to be very rare these days. The dealer I bought my Venture from hasn't had a KDSS equipped 4R for sale as long as I was looking (since January).

11. Jul 16, 2021 at 4:41 AM
    Burnt Taco

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '22 ORP, Wife's 2020 SR5
    Camelback in Phoenix had one without KDSS. They sent me a screenshot of the sticker which had a markup of 1K for coating door edge and nitrogen. They used to be a stand up dealership giving edge guard, tint, door cups without a markup over MSRP and would still negotiate down on MSRP. Must have new mgmt.
    I have someone at AutoNation doing a national network system search. Maybe with luck.
    Worst case wait until MY 22 and get an ORP and change out valences and door handles,etc.......or get a Pro.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  12. Jul 16, 2021 at 4:51 AM
    Burnt Taco

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '22 ORP, Wife's 2020 SR5
    Considered getting one w/o KDSS and adding upgraded suspension but really want KDSS. Pros are REALLY unavailable and as we all know tend to have obscene markups.

13. Jul 16, 2021 at 5:17 AM
    Burnt Taco

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '22 ORP, Wife's 2020 SR5
    Another interesting point when attempting to purchase a 4Runner. A guy at Earnhardt Toyota said many dealers use third party venders for their websites and they do not reflect current inventory. I have found that they also use inaccurate images and mix up "available models and features". I get the whole Covid and chip thing but come on, no reason for misinformation.

14. Jul 16, 2021 at 5:38 AM
    bomtest

bomtest New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Lunar Rock TRD Pro
    I found the inventory on dealer's websites to be wildly inaccurate when I was searching. I used the VIN number to see exact builds when the VIN was listed. I found my Lunar Rock Pro that way... it was mis-labeled on the dealer website as a grey off-road... I called the dealer to confirm the build and immediately put down a deposit to hold it.

15. Jul 16, 2021 at 5:42 AM
    Antman

Antman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2021 4Runner off-road premium, 2022 Tacoma
    2021 4Runner: King Coilovers King rear shocks Camburg UCA’s Spc rear Trail arms Icon 52700 rear springs Icon panhard bar SCS Ray10’s Rci Sliders Rci Full Skids 2022 Tacoma Offroad: King Coilovers King rear shocks Deaver leaf springs Camburg UCA Scs Gen 5 Bamf front hybrid bumper Rci Full Skids Rci Sliders
    If you don’t mind waiting and traveling there’s Toyota of Sunnyvale in California. They don’t do markup on their pro models. Just a waiting list. I put down a deposit for a Tacoma pro. No games, no haggling just MSRP currently have 6 people ahead of me. So I should be getting it around December.

Toy4X4 likes this.
  16. Jul 16, 2021 at 5:49 AM
    Burnt Taco

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '22 ORP, Wife's 2020 SR5
    Thanks for the input Antman.

Antman likes this.
  17. Jul 16, 2021 at 7:16 AM
    Red_5

Red_5 New Member

Member:
    Avondale Toyota, west of Phoenix, are straight shooters. They don't charge over MSRP and don't do $1,500 "Desert Protection Packages" and crap like that.

You might find someone a little cheaper. I don't know. But Avondale doesn't play games. And their finance guys are great. Last year, I was looking at 2.9% for 60 months from my credit union. They found me 1.9% for 60 months instead.

Just a very straightforward experience. If they can't do a certain deal, they'll tell you. And if they tell you they can do a certain deal, they'll honor it.

18. Jul 16, 2021 at 7:24 AM
    Jojotoo

Jojotoo New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    SoCal - LA
    Vehicle:
    2021 ORP w KDSS
    I was able to grab a ORP w/KDSS from Precision in Tucson at MSRP. Placed the order early June .. picking up tomorrow.

My sales rep will offer MSRP. They have about 20+ Runners coming in.

19. Jul 16, 2021 at 7:48 AM
    247racingAZ

247racingAZ New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 SW Venture
    I bought mine from Right Toyota in Scottsdale - they put a deal together that I was (and still am) happy with...but that was last November, too, before 4Runners apparently disappeared off the face of the planet.

Products Discussed in

To Top