1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Navigation - Maps Update

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Daddykool, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Jul 10, 2021 at 2:12 PM
    Daddykool

Daddykool [OP] Photography enthusiast

Member:
    Hi again.

I’m sure this info is available here but I haven’t been able to find it. I have a 2019 TRDOR, and the navigation system has been a bit off at times recently. Sometimes it fails to notify me of an upcoming turn. Sometimes it tells me, but too late. Today it seemed to run me in a loop before regaining its bearings. Now and then it seems to just nod off.

I’ve never updated the app and am wondering if that’s required in order to keep it fresh. None of my problems have occurred on new roads, so it’s not that.

So have any of you run into nav flakiness that got resolved with an update? If so, was it expensive? Thanks.

Toy4X4 likes this.
  2. Jul 10, 2021 at 2:49 PM
    2Toys

2Toys Imperial Star Cruiser

Member:
    First Name:
    Gordon
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner TRDORP
    a few goodies
    So far my 2019 T4R has not shown any strange activity. I also have a 2015 Tacoma that used to reboot itself all the time after it was two or three years old. A software update to the NAV system took care of that. I had the dealer do the update during a service visit. They didn't charge me for it as I remember, but it could have been under some kind of warranty.

Daddykool[OP] likes this.
  3. Jul 10, 2021 at 6:55 PM
    Daddykool

Daddykool [OP] Photography enthusiast

Member:
    To update, today’s loop was my fault. An odd intersection, and I failed to follow the road I was on. Instead I went straight, which put me on a different road. Then the car fixed it by having me do a loop.

4. Jul 11, 2021 at 3:49 AM
    Toy4X4

Toy4X4 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    2020 Offroad Prem. 4-runner
    RevTek 3" front- 2" rear leveling, JBA uca's, LED interior lights, Cooper 275-70-17 AT3 LT
    When we took ours to the dealership to have the 5k mile "checkup", they did an update (actually there were 6) on ours. They did not charge us for them doing it. The updates included an Alexa update also. The system has been working well, previously it was a little slow like you had stated.

Daddykool[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top