1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

N-Fab Rock Sliders with Removable Steps

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by garoto, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Jun 10, 2024 at 7:31 PM
    garoto

garoto [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello all,

I have OEM rock sliders that have taken a few hits and prevented damage to the car. Toyota made two kinds, ones that attach to the body and others that attach to the frame. Mine attach to the body, which I didn’t know at the beginning.

So I bought these N-Fabs thinking they attach to the frame and come to install them, they attach to the damn body.

What are the disadvantages or sliders that attach to the body? I am considering returning them, as the tubes are also reasonably narrower than OEM and seem less beefy. But, I love their removable step system as it works perfectly for my use case. Remove steps when going off roading and put them back on for daily driving.

2. Jun 11, 2024 at 6:03 AM
    Trident904

Trident904 That Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD Offroad Premium on 35’s
    King 2.5 with resis, C4 Hybrid Front, TC Uppers, Victory Rack, Smitty 12k winch, 17x9 -38 SCS F5’s with 295/70 Ridge Graps
    Anything that attached to the OEM running board or step mounting points on the rocker panel are not “rock sliders” and should not be used as such. If you were to come down on those on a rock, you run the risk of damaging your rocker panel which could cause a lot of different problems.

Rock sliders mount to the frame via either bolt on application or weld on (strongest application).

If you do any type of off-roading, your best bet is to find a set of bolt on sliders that bolt to the frame. Better safe than sorry.

3. Jun 11, 2024 at 10:32 AM
    garoto

garoto [OP] New Member

Member:
    I returned them. No idea why nfab calls them sliders.

4. Jun 11, 2024 at 10:47 AM
    Trident904

Trident904 That Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD Offroad Premium on 35’s
    King 2.5 with resis, C4 Hybrid Front, TC Uppers, Victory Rack, Smitty 12k winch, 17x9 -38 SCS F5’s with 295/70 Ridge Graps
    Nfab makes nothing that should actually be used off-road. Them, Tyger, Westin, etc are all for aesthetics only and don’t really provide any type of real protection for offroad use.

5. Jun 11, 2024 at 10:57 AM
    garoto

garoto [OP] New Member

Member:
    I noticed the minute I took them out of the box. They’re absolutely useless.

Trident904[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top