1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 03' 4Runner limitedV8 project... need some advice from you guys

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by 4x4s4life, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Nov 26, 2021 at 8:23 AM
    4x4s4life

4x4s4life [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    03' 4runner limited in progress
    Hello all, long time reader first post here.
    Some background, I bought this from my neighbor who bought it new. It has 194,359 so far. frame is great, body is great interior is trash but that's easy to fix.

So far I have put on a Bilstein lift, 2.5", ARB front bumper with a Warn EVO 10k winch. Other things for another discussion for sure.

My question is this and I really want some help here please.

I am looking to buy a set of Fuel Beast D564 wheels.

I WANT to install a factory TRD pro set like I have in my 18' 4runner but some say they won't fit.

So 1: It's my understanding/question about this, I can, can I put on 18x9 with a -12 deg offset and 285/65R18 tires, Fuel wheels with this lift and bumper without any problems? What is your experience?

OR 2: would i be better off at all buying the factory TRD pro wheels with a 285/70R17 ?

Other than price difference which is substantial, what can you guys tell me to help me out here? I've read a lot of threads on the 'net and there seems to be differing opinions here and there.

Thank you for any guidance guys.

2. Nov 27, 2021 at 7:11 AM
    4x4s4life

4x4s4life [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    03' 4runner limited in progress
    Bump, still hoping.

3. Nov 29, 2021 at 6:17 AM
    iamincrediboy

iamincrediboy New Member

Member:
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 4Runner Limited - Silver
    Info on wheels:
    https://trail4runner.com/trd-5th-gen-4runner-wheels/
    https://parts.olathetoyota.com/blog/trd-pro-wheels-faqs
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

Ultimate, most likely answer: you shouldnt have any 'problems' depending on your definition, but you will probably rub in the middle of a turn and at full lock. You will very likely have to do some trimming. Your wheel and tire choice look to increase 2" taller, 1" wider, and nearly 1" out from the hub compared to stock. But this is frankly an opinion, as no one is going to have the exact same setup as you, and if they did, otherwise identical vehicles can wind up with slightly different geometry underneath.

Price notwithstanding, is there anything actually keeping you from trying what you want and seeing if it works? Many wheel/tire shops have a 30 day or 1000mi grace period so you can try and replace if needed. :cheers:

Products Discussed in

To Top