1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Meso Customs Hatch Lights Available

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by T4runner11, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Feb 5, 2024 at 3:32 PM
    glwood54

glwood54 Stop making me buy stuff!

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR, KDSS, RSG sliders, Eibach shocks, 265/70 Falken Wildpeaks
    I'll check out the red/white mode button on mine when I get to the installation.

McSpazatron likes this.
  2. Feb 5, 2024 at 3:51 PM
    bronzestar1

bronzestar1 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Limited magnetic gray with redwood interior
    275/55-20s, Airaid CAI, Summit muffler, oil catch can
    I installed mine over the weekend, red light switch doesn't stick. These units have 24 white LEDs in them, and the LED bulb I upgraded to had 12, but these aren't twice as bright, which is good. One possible concern is that with the LED bulb, it was still in the OEM housing, which had a plastic lens to protect it. On these units, it seems that the LED chips are exposed, although they're recessed a bit so not flush with the surface. I suppose something shifting in the cargo area could impact these chips and damage them. But then again, maybe the chances of that happening are right up there with me winning the lottery!

McSpazatron likes this.
  3. Feb 5, 2024 at 3:52 PM
    Glenn Goodlett

Glenn Goodlett New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Glenn
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro
    Paid for
    My buttons seem fine. They don't seem super bright but, I'll know more at 0430 tomorrow morning. This is the LEDs I replaced.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
    McSpazatron likes this.
  4. Feb 5, 2024 at 4:14 PM
    2016SR5P

2016SR5P New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5P 4WD
    No mine seem fine just tested them in the dark

McSpazatron[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Feb 8, 2024 at 8:51 AM
    PrettyGoodSam

PrettyGoodSam New Member

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner Trail
    mine came in the mail and i am hoping to get them in after work today.

6. Feb 8, 2024 at 9:05 AM
    1SilverRunner

1SilverRunner My boy, blue

Member:
    Tejas
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD Off Road Premium
    Front Bumper: C4 Fabrication Low-Profile Bumper Warn Evo10-S Winch w/ Warn wireless adapter Extreme LED dual color light bar w/ Cali raised LED OEM style switch Bumper Cover Trimmed For Clearance Rear Bumper: 80% Off Road Rear Bash Bar Armor: RCI Skid plate package C4 Gas tank skid RCI Rear diff skid RCI Shock Skids RSG Angled/ Plated Sliders Total Chaos Cam Tab Gussets Total Chaos Spindle Gussets Suspension: Dobinsons IMS long travel kit (Front: IMS59-50574 w/ C59-352 Springs) (Rear: IMS59-50575 w/ C59-675v Springs) Apache Off Road UCAs Apache Off Road HD Rear Links (Upper and Lower) Apache Off Road Rear Sway Bar Links Dobinsons Track Bar Front Sway Bar Removed DuroBumps Rear Bump stops PerryParts Front Bump stops DRKDSS Track Bar Correction kit Dobinsons Diff Drop Wheels/ Tires: RRW 17x8.5 -12 RR6-H Wheels 285/75/17 Falken A/T4W 1.25" SpiderTrax Spacers BMC, Pinch Weld Folded. MinWin End Caps Storage Solutions: LFD Cross-Bars Aiden James Customs Gear Plate w/ Slide Out Tables *Backordered, coming soon Rado Designs Molle storage panels and top shelf Glove Box organizer Center Console organizer Performance: Scan Gauge II for Temp Monitoring Yota Shop Diff Breather Interior: Diode Dynamics LED Interior lighting (Warm white ftw) Meso Customs Hatch lights Meso Customs Door Handle Covers Ram ball mount for Garmin In-Touch Mini II FitCamX Dash Camera Scosche phone mount Weathertech floor matts Misc: Nano Ceramic Tint (Including windshield and sunroof) Midland MXT575 and Ghost Antenna Cali Raised 27W Ditch Lights OVS Nomadic 6.5' Awning AVS Low Profile Vent Visor AVS Bugflector II Diode Dynamic puddle lights LasFit Reverse lights LED license plate lights Ark Splash Guards Ark Mud Flap Deletes AJT Push-To-Start Button +Midland handheld GMRS radios, Baofeng UV-5R Ham radio, recovery gear, water purification system, lifeboat food rations, trauma kit, fire extinguisher and fire starting kit stay on board.
    Mine work fine.
    Red/white button doesn't stick.

I bet if you contact Meso theyll send another set

McSpazatron likes this.
  7. Feb 12, 2024 at 12:37 PM
    glwood54

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    No red/white button stick here.

8. Feb 14, 2024 at 6:43 AM
    PrettyGoodSam

PrettyGoodSam New Member

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner Trail
    easy install, no sticking for me either. plenty bright too!

9. Feb 14, 2024 at 7:06 AM
    BobbyB

BobbyB Where the road ends, Fun begins!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Marietta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2021 White TRD Off Road
    SSO Slimline Bumper Warn Evo 10s winch Bilstein 5100 shocks Dobinson Springs (front and rear) JBA Upper Control Arms Baja Designs Squadron Pro Combo lights Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Foglights RCI skids (engine, trans, Txfr and gas tank) CaliRaised sliders UpTop Overland Bravo Rack Auxbeam 6 switch panel Frac Harness with front camera Custom rear diff breather on firewall
    I got mine last week and installed. Buttons are working fine…

10. Feb 14, 2024 at 2:40 PM
    onaquest

onaquest New Member

Member:
    Exact same thing here, buttons are bit finicky, if pressed off-center they click and stick. One does this more than the other.

11. Feb 14, 2024 at 4:21 PM
    Too Stroked

Too Stroked New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    South shore of Lake Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 Premium
    I recently ordered and installed MESO Puddle Lights, Dome Light and Rear Hatch Lights. I have pretty much the same likes and dislikes with all of them. I very much like the increased light output with all of them. I have some issues with the quality though. For instance, with the Puddle Lights, the injection molded cover is not very well designed / manufactured. In fact, it contacts the factory plastic piece on the bottom of the stationary portion of the mirror. There is enough of an interference fit to cause the factory piece to periodically pop loose. Sure, you can just reach under the mirror and pop it back into place, but I shouldn't have to.

Next, the Rear Hatch lights. Same problem with substandard mold work leading to a poor (not flush) mounting. In addition to this, both the on/off switch and the red/white switch on one light have very "mushy/imprecise" actions. Since I don't plan on changing the positions of either switch often, I guess I can live with it.

Finally, the Dome Light. The installation video shows a very straight forward installation process including installing the new unit starting with the rear tabs and then popping the front tabs in. On the unit I received, that's impossible due to the placement of one tall component on the circuit board that's supposed to fit in a void in the factory light base. Sure, I found that inserting the front tabs first allows one to (barely) snap the unit into place, but there's more than enough room in the factory light base if they designed it right. Just plain sloppy engineering. Let's see how long these bad boys last.

Old Tanker likes this.
  12. Feb 15, 2024 at 9:13 AM
    glwood54

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    Having installed my rear hatch lights last weekend, I did not encounter any fitment issues, or any issue with the red/white light selector button. I do agree that they have more light output...whether the additional light output is worth the $76 price tag over the LED bulbs these replaced - the jury is still out, but I feel that they may come back with a 'no' verdict.

As far as the fitment issues you encountered with the other lights - I think I'll stay with the LED bulbs currently in place.

Too Stroked[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Feb 20, 2024 at 8:05 AM
    PrettyGoodSam

PrettyGoodSam New Member

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner Trail
    i noticed a little looseness on the on/off switch that seemed to be fine once it was installed. i wont be changing that much so im fine with it as well.

14. Feb 21, 2024 at 12:28 PM
    bronzestar1

bronzestar1 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Limited magnetic gray with redwood interior
    275/55-20s, Airaid CAI, Summit muffler, oil catch can
    You have to transfer the OEM on/off switch to the MESO units, yes? When I did mine, I had to adjust the switch mounting bolt to increase the tension on the switch, and it was good to go, nice solid "clicks" on and off.

15. Feb 21, 2024 at 4:41 PM
    PrettyGoodSam

PrettyGoodSam New Member

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner Trail
    i noticed that the bolt did feel like it didnt go in far enough, but i was worried about stripping it or breaking and i was putting a good amount of pressure on it, it so i left it as is. its not loose enough for me to be concerned or think about sending it back, but it was noticeable to think hmmm that could be better.

Products Discussed in

To Top