1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking to install an amp under the sliding cargo deck.

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by achtung6, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Oct 2, 2021 at 2:08 PM
    achtung6

achtung6 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey guys, I plan on installing an amp under the sliding cargo deck but I need around 1/2 inch of additional clearance so the deck can slide in and out and clear the amplifier. I've seen photos of the the bare trunk floor and it would seem that by cutting an access hole in the carpet, 1/2 inch or more of vertical space can be had. Has anyone tried this or for those who have removed the sliding cargo deck, can you confirm my suspicion that the carpet in that site doesn't actually sit on the trunk floor? There is one spot just to the right of the trunk floor centerline where there is clearly something rigid on the floor. Between this and the left border of the area under the sliding deck there is depressible carpet. My plan is to cut into this carpet, and mount my amp there which will keep it safe, allow for some air to circulate around it and also provide easy access to check on the amp or change a setting by sliding the deck out. It would also look pretty trick.

2. Oct 2, 2021 at 4:49 PM
    08TXRunner

08TXRunner New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '20 SR5P
    Amps push a lot of heat. Are you going to have enough ventilation under there?

Products Discussed in

To Top