1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Suggestion

Discussion in '5th Gen Builds (2010-2024)' started by AngieRico, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Dec 14, 2022 at 7:30 PM
    AngieRico

AngieRico [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 40th Edition
    BFGOODRICH ALL TERRAIN T/A KO2
    I am upgraded my new 2023 40th Edition with new BFGOODRICHALL TERRAIN T/A KO2 but kept the size of stock tires. Looks great. Wonder if the next step is a leveling lift? I am not a huge rock crawler but will take it in mountains off road for adventures. I never levelized my last 4Runner. With stock size tires do people also left more then just the level amount? What would look best? Thank you for your advice or suggestions. (I know I probably use the wrong terminology)

TrailSpecial22 likes this.
  2. Dec 14, 2022 at 7:39 PM
    kmeeg

kmeeg LionRunner

Member:
    This ELKA 2.5DC is the best I've experienced. Search on them as well. YouTube have few videos 4runner and GX using them.

This is my 4runner-
    https://youtu.be/WCyzwYRZqwc

AngieRico[OP] likes this.
  3. Dec 26, 2022 at 6:56 AM
    TrailSpecial22

TrailSpecial22 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Trail Special Edition Lunar Rock
    2” lift Bilstein 6112 w/600 lb coils front, 1.5” lift Eibach T13 coils rear, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, TRD skidplate, TRD stainless catback w/black TRD side exhaust, TRD shifter handle, Weathertech bug deflector, 20% tint front, LED door bulbs, 285/70/17 Falken WP AT3, Energy Suspension front bumpstops, SSO Slimline Bumper w/ Badland Shackles, Durobumps 4.25” rear
    You cant go wrong with bilsteins. Check out my setup on my profile page. I LOVE the way it rides and looks.

4. Dec 26, 2022 at 7:13 AM
    MeefZah

MeefZah ------------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '24 ORP
    You don't need to do anything, really. If you like how it looks now, perfect. It's totally capable for what you want to do just like that.

Leveling the front is 98.2% for appearance, and 1.8% for adding a bit of clearance at the bottom of the front bumper / skid area (aka approach angle). If you opt to level it you have two main choices that aren't big money: a spacer (ie Cornfed) or adjustable struts to replace your factory struts (ie Bilstein 5100). Each will require an alignment so all in you're looking at around $500 +/-. Leveling is very common across many brands of trucks and SUVs and I would wager a ton of people here have a leveled 4R. It's also a common way to start into modifications... The gateway drug, if you will...

Beyond that you are in the realm of complete suspension lifts which one guy above referenced in his build, but it doesn't sound like you want or need that level of equipment.

I think a level with stock tire size looks great.

5. Dec 26, 2022 at 7:29 AM
    TrailSpecial22

TrailSpecial22 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Trail Special Edition Lunar Rock
    2” lift Bilstein 6112 w/600 lb coils front, 1.5” lift Eibach T13 coils rear, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, TRD skidplate, TRD stainless catback w/black TRD side exhaust, TRD shifter handle, Weathertech bug deflector, 20% tint front, LED door bulbs, 285/70/17 Falken WP AT3, Energy Suspension front bumpstops, SSO Slimline Bumper w/ Badland Shackles, Durobumps 4.25” rear
    They did mention that they were going to take it to the moutains to offroad at times. Ive done the 5100’s all around before on my 2011 SR5 and kept stock springs front and rear. If I knew then (11 yrs ago) what I know now from my 2022 Trail build, I should have used the same set up for my 2011. IMO, Invest now the right way and make it 1 and done or spend $ now just to redo again it later and spend more $.

Products Discussed in

To Top