1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Kit questions for 2020 Venture

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by VentureRunner, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Dec 27, 2020 at 3:14 PM
    VentureRunner

VentureRunner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner Venture
    None... Yet :)
    Hey all,

PSA: I'm sure this has been covered in many different ways, and I've done quite abit of research. However, I love discussion and getting up to date insights from all you 4runner experts

I've settled on a Eibach Pro Lift kit for my 4runner. I'm looking at keeping a very slight bit of rake when installing the kit. I've gone off-roading a few times since getting the rig in May, but plan to be a week wheeler after my move here in a few weeks.

Couple of my main questions:

• I'm looking to get 33s (of course) when my 265/70/r17s Kenda Klevers are about finished. Any experience with specific brand A/Ts that don't rub and don't require a BMC? Fender line push forward is fine but I'm hesitant on cutting the body of the rig.
    • Do I need to get aftermarket UCAs? If so, why and any recommendations?
    • What is a good estimate on getting a kit like this installed by a shop? I'm not mechanically sound enough yet, and want to be sure it's done the right way.
    Any other things I should think about before buying the kit and getting it installed?

Thanks for all your help!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    werlyb23 likes this.
  2. Dec 27, 2020 at 3:25 PM
    Mtbpsych

Mtbpsych New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5
    1. Depends on wheels
    2. Would be helpful
    3. Depends by area, call around and get your best price.

lots of threads on this topic, head over to “suspension” on forum topics.

3. Dec 27, 2020 at 4:12 PM
    MeefZah

MeefZah ---

Member:
    Lexington, Ohio
    UCAs, no; both my 5th gens with the Eibach 2.5" lift coils have aligned fine with stock UCAs.

Estimate depends on rate, it's about a 4 hour job max without alignment.

4. Dec 27, 2020 at 4:19 PM
    VentureRunner

VentureRunner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner Venture
    None... Yet :)
    Awesome. What tires and size have you ran with your Eibach 2.5"?

5. Dec 27, 2020 at 4:19 PM
    Sixgunz

Sixgunz Gold Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2022 ORP
    Kings front and back, RSG sliders, GOBI ladder BFG AT 285s, OEM phone dial wheels, KDSS
    I vote yes for UCAs. You gain articulation with them, but if you never intend to off road it, then they're not necessary. Figure $700 for install, give or take. Rubbing is a complex equation of tire width, wheel offset and backspacing, along with what UCA you are running.

6. Dec 27, 2020 at 4:49 PM
    MeefZah

MeefZah ---

Member:
    Lexington, Ohio
    I have run 285/70 17 Firestone Destination ATs and the next set was AT2s. Kind of on the slightly small side for 33s. You have to move the fender liner and trim the bottom of the bumper for pretty much any 33, including the Destinations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Dec 28, 2020 at 10:15 AM
    koukimonster

koukimonster DYNO4

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    Midnight Venture
    Bigger A/T LT Tires, Slight Lift, Sliders, Rack, Lights, etc.
    Good luck keeping any of the rake with that kit. Seems to eliminate ALL of the rake to the point of being reverse-rake with any appreciable load in the rear. Not hating on the kit, just pointing that out... looks to be dead level without added weight.

Then again I think my stock 4Runner looks level so...

I think UCA's are absolutely good for that kind of lift. Everyone has their own opinion there. To me it isn't about getting the alignment "back within factory spec." The vehicle is no longer factory, and the factory alignment numbers are no longer the best when dealing with larger, heavier, truck tires. You'll want to increase caster beyond factory spec in order to retain factory like driving characteristics. Doing this will also help eliminate the need for a body/cab chop. IMO UCA's are a must for anything over 2". For the under 2" lifts such as just replacing struts and using a higher ring, stock UCA's should be fine.

I didn't want to cut my 4Runner's body either, so I went with a smaller tire in hopes I would be OK. My 32.4" tire fits well without a BMC. I suspect that a 32.8" tire (285 K02 or Desination AT2) would fit fine too without a BMC, but can't be certain. I'll probably go with a 32.8" tire next, so we shall see. That's a few years down the road, though. They say that every truck is a little different, though, so your results could be different. If you are absolutely against a BMC, I would definitely not go with anything 33" or larger.. keep it under 33"

Products Discussed in

To Top