1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

insight needed

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by ChrisMC, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Oct 8, 2020 at 10:12 AM
    ChrisMC

ChrisMC [OP] New Member

Member:
    Let me start off with I do not own a 4runner, I am however looking at buying a set of wheels for a family members 2015 4runner SR5.

As far as I know the 5th Gen SR5's have a 265/70R17 with 17x7 wheel and a +15 offset, correct? The wheels will be for her winter tires which are the same tire size.

The wheels I'm considering are 17x8 +25. RTX Slate is the wheel. https://partsengine.ca/081251-vp-RTX-150.aspx

Will these fit?

thanks all

2. Oct 8, 2020 at 11:56 AM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kitsap County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    Those should fit just fine.

Side note, the website says they're not winter approved, whatever that means haha

3. Oct 8, 2020 at 12:17 PM
    BroRunner

BroRunner New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition
    I did a quick calculation. I don't have an accurate measurement of the distance between the axis of rotation (where the ball joint sits) and the mating flange of the wheel. I estimated this length and then varied it slightly to do a bit of a sensitivity analysis. Here's what I found:

1) Your inside edge of the rim will sit closer inboard by 1". This means you currently need to have at least 1" of clearance between the tire and the upper control arms.
    2) The scrub radius for the outside edge of the tire will decrease by 0.25" to 0.3" (based on my estimate above) - so you shouldn't have any issues rubbing fenders or mudflaps.
    3) The scrub radius for the inside edge of the tire will be approximately the same as current plus or minus 0.03" but because the inside edge of the wheel moved in you will be about 0.41" closer inboard with the inside edge of the tire.
    Scrub Radius v2.1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020

Products Discussed in

To Top