1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Independent 4Runner shops in Atlanta area

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Mx5Axr, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Oct 15, 2021 at 2:31 PM
    Mx5Axr

Mx5Axr [OP] New Member

Member:
    Greetings! I'm new to this forum. I own a 2017 TRD OR and want to find out where in the Atlanta area some of you go for service. Is there a significant price difference between what the dealer charges VS a competent independent shop? Thanks in advance.

2. Oct 15, 2021 at 3:24 PM
    JET4

JET4 New Member

Member:
    Southeast, Va.
    welcome

3. Oct 15, 2021 at 3:45 PM
    Schlappesepple

Schlappesepple New Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORP, 2021 Rav4 Hybrid
    What kind of service? I had good luck with Japanese Auto Repair in Suwanee for coolant and transmission fluid change on my Taco. I haven't gone there yet with the 4runner, but I plan to use them for the same service as well.

Price was about half of the dealer estimate for the transmission alone, and the dealer was going to add on fees as well.

4. Oct 15, 2021 at 4:18 PM
    Mx5Axr

Mx5Axr [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thank you, JET4!

Schlappesepple - Right now it would be brakes. I've taken it to the dealer since new and it has a little over 77K miles. Oil changes, tire rotation and basic stuff I thought they were reasonably priced. However, when it came to replacing tires I was able to get the best price at Discount Tire for the stock Dunlop Grandtrek AT20. I allowed the dealer to compete for my business but they were still $100 higher on the set. I just want to be sure I'm able to make an informed choice when the time comes. In the past, I did brakes, timing belt and other maintenance on my automobiles. Now I want to spend my time doing other stuff.

Products Discussed in

To Top