1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icon lift - CLUNK 2015 4Runner

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Thehumanburrito, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Apr 21, 2022 at 2:41 PM
    Thehumanburrito

Thehumanburrito [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    2015 Gen 5 4runner SR5 4X4
    Thule Aeroblade crossrails RTT SSO Bumper Smittybuilt 12 Synthetic winch Icon lift JBA UCA Cali Raised Rock sliders Full skids
    Hey Guys! Long time reader second time poster.

I have a 2015 SR5 premium 4x4 146K miles

JBA UCA - 5k miles
    Icon stage 1 lift 5k miles with 700 springs and no sway bar ( I thought that was the sound as it was similar to sway bar bushings worn out.)
    Skid plates, sliders, winch, and SSO bumper. Im telling you all that for no other reason to tell you the set up and weight I have on the front and that is why I have the 700 springs. ALSO max compression with 700 springs is no more than 1.13 inches and mine is at .8 inches. Car drives striaght, had multiple allignments, no vibration, and even tire wear. and yes, I have pulled the UCA, coil overs and cleaned and reinstalled to the proper torque. Now that we have that outta the way. Here is my problem:

I have a really bad clunk when the suspension has no weight on it. IE turning left and most wieght is on the right side of the car going accross an intersection I can feel little clunks of the uneven pavement.

I have a WORSE CLANK when im going off a curb to simulate coming off a rock. NOT FAST. It sounds like the suspention is fully extending rapidly and im topping out to hard. It only happens on the LEFT side.

I have taken a couple videos to help out with the description:

https://youtu.be/LD8-B173-OQ - If you look at 3 seconds on the left side of the video you can see the frame drop and use the hose as reference. The body mount bushings compress and move mayby 1/4 inch or so, to much? I have no idea.

https://youtu.be/x6iTkBRzUbc - This video is to show the sound of what im hearing. Remember again, the left side doesnt do it.

I feel stuck and lost. Please help!

2. Apr 21, 2022 at 4:23 PM
    Sixgunz

Sixgunz Gold Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2022 ORP
    Kings front and back, RSG sliders, GOBI ladder BFG AT 285s, OEM phone dial wheels, KDSS
    Just spitballing it...

Are both end nuts tight on the UCA main through bolt? Are your castle nuts on your UCA ball joint shafts tight (like 75lbs/ft tight)?

I'm currently finishing up on installing a complete lift on my '22 ORP so I still have some retained knowledge on what gets loosened in doing so...those are what comes to mind that might make that clunk.

If not those...maybe a bad motor mount? How about your alignment bolts/nuts (loose)?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
  3. Apr 23, 2022 at 12:47 PM
    Thehumanburrito

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    Thule Aeroblade crossrails RTT SSO Bumper Smittybuilt 12 Synthetic winch Icon lift JBA UCA Cali Raised Rock sliders Full skids
    I just checked my torques on pretty much everything under the hood. I didn't find anything that moved or looked worn. I might just youtube me jumping this into a lake and hopefully the views will pay off the note.

4. Apr 23, 2022 at 1:03 PM
    21TOR

21TOR New Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner
    Some
    Are the tires hitting the UCA's:notsure:

5. Apr 24, 2022 at 3:01 PM
    Thehumanburrito

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    @21TOR can’t boy when I’m aired down and turning. Regular pressure and driving no.

Products Discussed in

To Top