1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I need help with my transmission set up please

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by Tyler223., Oct 11, 2021.

1. Oct 11, 2021 at 7:36 AM
    Tyler223.

Tyler223. [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Vehicle:
    00 4runner 3rz-fe (2wd)
    I have a 2000 Toyota 4Runner 2.7l 3rzfe and the 30-40LE transmission 2wd... my original transmission went out so I picked one up from a junkyard thinking it would be the same and it was from the 5vz-fe. and all I would have to do is swap bellhousing and that was not the case, I really need to know what I have to do to get the V6 transmission behind my 3rz, will it work or did I dig myself in a hole (22 and on a budget)

I bought a new flexplate and torque converter for the 3rz, and they dont fit so do I need a 5vz-fe TC and flex plate? What wires and plugs do I need to swap I've been looking for hours and hours

2. Oct 12, 2021 at 6:51 AM
    negusm

negusm New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 4Runner SR5 4WD
    My opinion is that your cheapest option is to locate the correct 4cyl transmission. Swapping things around like you are doing worked 30-40 years ago. Doing swaps like this on post 2000 cars is a problem. Even if it fits, it's all wiring and computer problems. If you've searched the web, and you can't find the info, this is obviously not something anyone really does.

Hopefully I am wrong and someone comes to your rescue.

Products Discussed in

To Top