1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Have donor GX470 to swap parts/interior seats ect. /Motor swap

Discussion in '1st Gen 4Runners (1984-1989)' started by shaunvk85, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Feb 25, 2019 at 8:14 PM
    shaunvk85

shaunvk85 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    84/87 4runner\05Tundra\05GX670
    First time I've ever posted to forum instead of just reading. Appreciate any help on this build.

1984 frame, 1987 body, rear axle "welded locker" EFI swapped on, went thru whole body/frame years back. So now 10 years later I've got some more jingle in my pocket and and 2 Lexus gx470's laying around, 1 for parts, was hoping to get some leather seats and some wood grain grippin in 4runner as well as motor swap. 22re has been great to me but now it's time for an upgrade. Has anyone swapped engine and trans from tundra, Gx, Lx, sequoia....? Some type of motor is priority and when I get to it I'd like to see how much of the interior I could custom fit into 4runner.

Wondering if anyone has attempted any of this? Any pointers of any sorts I woulda be grateful

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. Jul 4, 2021 at 5:56 PM
    22 yoga chuck

22 yoga chuck New Member

Member:
    Small block Chevy's are relatively easy with a 2" body lift. Couldn't make mounts work so welded rigid in place. Feeling it in the seat gets annoying

To Top