1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Goodyear Wrangler Adventurer Vs Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner AT

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Trekker, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Aug 10, 2021 at 12:14 PM
    Trekker

Trekker [OP] Regular Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1997 3rz 5spd
    I am trying to decide between these two tires, and its hard to determine what are the strengths and weaknesses of either because they seem so similar. Anyone have experience with either?

I daily drive on the road and when I do go off road its nothing too serious. I do have snowy winters to contend with. I assume that the Trailrunner is better off road, but how does it compare on road to the Adventurer?

Also they are priced within 2$ of each other. If the Trailrunner doesn't have significantly worse on road performance I'll go with it. I'm sticking with goodyear after seeing how well my 23 year old spare held up.

2. Aug 10, 2021 at 12:52 PM
    iamincrediboy

iamincrediboy New Member

Member:
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 4Runner Limited - Silver
    Of the two, Trailrunner will be more capable for anything offroad relative to whatever you might gain with Adventurers on-road prowess. Lots of other options at that price btw. Kumho, General, Toyo, and more.

No experience with either, but I do with Goodyear Duratracs. Worst tire I've ever owned, louder than F, inspired fear on road, especially in rain, and iffyness offroad.

3. Aug 12, 2021 at 7:09 PM
    WooDy77

WooDy77 New Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blizzard Pearl 4Runner
    Stock
    After reading what you said about the duratracs makes me sad about liking the look of them so much. I'm going to do some research on the trail runner tires. Thanks for your information on the duratracs

glwood54 likes this.
  4. Aug 13, 2021 at 5:38 AM
    iamincrediboy

iamincrediboy New Member

Member:
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 4Runner Limited - Silver
    Please understand I liked the look of them and read up all the glowing reviews I could for ages before getting them, albeit secondhand. The guy was a fellow wheeler too so I knew he knew how to take care of them... but JFC I had them for a total of maybe 10-12k miles and they were fine on some dry offroading, but literally any other surface, especially when wet, I was leery at best. Never slid on surfaces as much as on Duratracs.

By all means if you're interested give them a shot, I most certainly could be one of the few outliers that just had a bad batch. But while we're giving anecdotes after I finish my run with these Wildpeak A/Ts, I'll be running back to the General Grabber ST MAXXs. Hands down best tire I've ever run. Road, dirt, mud, snow, rocky offroads in Anza Borrego, nothing ever stopped them.
    :cheers:

WooDy77[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Aug 14, 2021 at 1:27 PM
    WooDy77

WooDy77 New Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blizzard Pearl 4Runner
    Stock
    Thanks for the information. I have been looking and I may go with this set up. Would you guys happen to know if this would fit my rig without a lift kit and not have rubbing?

TIA :)

Screenshot_20210814-162442_Google.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top