1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fuel filter

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by 2FAST4U13, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Aug 27, 2022 at 2:00 PM
    2FAST4U13

2FAST4U13 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4-runner V8 4x4 limited
    Hey guys I've got a 2003 Toyota 4Runner limited 4 wheel drive V8 I need to change the fuel filter I go up underneath the vehicle and I find out there's two fuel filters .... Yes you heard that right I couldn't believe it either I've got one fuel filter under the driver side attached to my gas lines I also have another fuel filter in the same place but on the passenger side both of the fuel filters say Yamaha on them and I'm not sure if this is factory or somebody put this on here before I bought it really weird has anyone seen anything like this ?Screenshot_20220826-190941.jpg

2. Aug 27, 2022 at 2:06 PM
    2FAST4U13

2FAST4U13 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4-runner V8 4x4 limited
    The fuel filters are identical one on each side one under the driver's seat one under the passenger seat underneath the vehicle and they both say Yamaha on them

3. Aug 27, 2022 at 3:51 PM
    AuSeeker

AuSeeker New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2004 Limited
    If those are indeed fuel filters, they were added and are aftermarket filters, I'm not sure how and why there would be one on the passenger side since the fuel line and the tank are on the driver's side, and as far as I know no fuel lines on the passenger's side.

Those sorts look like part of the Toyota xreas suspension system to me, but I'm not seeing them in person.

That being said the OEM fuel filters are in the fuel tank and are part of the fuel pump assembly, just the filters can't be changed on is part of the fuel pump, sorta a screen on the bottom, and the other is a filter media in the bottom of the fuel pump housing, never as far as I know are sold individually, you have to buy the pump for the screen, and or the housing for the filter in it.

Products Discussed in

To Top