1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front swaybar adapter/bracket & bottom guard pan

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by seavibe, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Sep 6, 2021 at 5:41 PM
    seavibe

seavibe [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have a 2004 4Runner V8 4x4 Limited. The front right swaybar bushing adapter bracket fell off while driving. I found just the bracket at Toyotapartsdeal.com and wondering if I should replace the bushings at the same time, although they look fine (see pics). Any suggestions on whether I should just replace my bar and existing bushings and order this new bracket only for $20? How often do bushings wear out on a rainy dirt/gravel mountain road? Is a swaybar the same thing as stabilizer bar?

Any suggestions on best front brake pads?

Also is there a guard pan that can be installed on the bottom of 2004 4runners to keep mud and water from splashing up? Someone told me newer vehicles have pans underneath for this purpose. I don't do 4x4 driving but do live on bad hilly gravel roads and wondering if a guard pan on the bottom would be useful. My ac stopped working after we went through a deep puddle and would like to avoid it in the future rains...any info anyone can offer is appreciated!!

Screenshot_20210906-201750.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829-111239.jpg
    IMG_20210829_111911501_HDR.jpg

2. Sep 6, 2021 at 7:00 PM
    spencermarkd

spencermarkd New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Pullman, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Driftwood Pearl SR5
    Yeah swaybar = stabilizer bar in our case. In my humble opinion, might as well replace the bushings if you have the bar that far out already. Moog ones are less than $10 on rockauto for both. If your end links are extremely loose it's worth replacing those, too, for like $14/piece.

You have the 2 piece stock skid plate already, yeah? (or are those v6's only?) Are you talking another pan for more coverage? Can't say I've seen anything like that for 4th gens unless you go for a full coverage skid plate.

3. Sep 7, 2021 at 8:55 AM
    iamincrediboy

iamincrediboy New Member

Member:
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 4Runner Limited - Silver
    @seavibe Like @spencermarkd mentions above, might as well replace the bushings and mount if the whole thing is already out. Moog is fine. FYI Energy Suspension sells a kit with a new bushing, grease, and greaseable mount on Amazon. Just pay attention to what size your sway bar is (think the front is 29mm off the top of my head, someone can double check me).
    If you dont already have the stock skid/bash plate and its just open air to your oil pan and front diff and transfer case and what not, probably a good idea to put something there. Again Rockauto is a great resource for OEM or like-OEM stuff. If you care to upgrade it just for reassurance then full skids are an option too.

Suggestions on brake pads alone? TONS of options... Toyota OEM, EBC, Centric, PowerStop, Duralast, ACDelco, Wagner, Hawk, Bosch
    Just depends on what specs you're looking for
    :cheers:

Products Discussed in

To Top