1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front end creeking sound

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Slopemaster, May 25, 2021.

1. May 25, 2021 at 12:26 AM
    Slopemaster

Slopemaster [OP] Slope Survivalist

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5
    265-70-17 Ridge Grapplers, TRD Pro rims, 3M precut bra, N-Fab nerf/steps
    This last weekend, my road trip included several off-road encounters with significant rock crossing and heavy dust on the trails.

By the third day, I began noticing a creeking/groaning sound from the left front of the truck.

I was thinking it was the left front shock or suspension bushing, but after cleaning and lubing the hood rubber supports and latch mechanism, I was no longer able to duplicate the sound by manually rocking the truck back and forth.

I've had a similar experience before after driving on very dusty trails.

I have not yet had a chance to drive the truck since I lubed the hood latch. The original noise was happening when I turned a corner especially left turns into parking lots/driveways.

I think the hood must shift/flex some under different load conditions.

Not related but similar issues when in dusty conditions is the forward inner fender rubber flaps and windshield corner plastic close out pieces which I have addressed already.

IMG_5024.jpg
    IMG_5003.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top