1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First time owner...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LimeyDC, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Nov 9, 2018 at 6:34 PM
    LimeyDC

LimeyDC [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    2019 Super White TRD Pro 4Runner
    None yet
    Hi All. First time Toyota owner here. When I couldn't find a new TRD Pro back in 2015 I ended up with a new Range Rover Sport (my dream car) instead which for living in Denver at the time was the perfect all around rig for going skiing in the mountains, off roading and performance around town. Sadly tho the RRS warranty is up early next year so I recently started looking at the 4Runner again and was happy to see a bunch of 2019 Pro's on Cars.com. After chatting to quite a few dealers, I got the figures where I needed them to be and am now a proud owner of a White 2019 TRD Pro.
    I had to drive 150 miles to pick her up so it was an interesting ride home. I deffo miss having Blind Spot Detection and the lack of power overtaking on the interstate caught me out a couple of times tho to be fair I was trying to take it easy on her during break in. Im looking forward getting some off roading in to see how she performs bone stock then Im sure this website will be a bad influence when the time comes to mod :Dtrd.jpg

Z-MAN, DrewMan, Strandskov and 2 others like this.
  2. Nov 10, 2018 at 4:24 AM
    brownbear

brownbear Relax

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    OB Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner TRD OFF ROAD
    NFab side steps TRD matte blk wheels K&N airfilter, go rhino rear hitch step,
    Welcome from FL. Won't be disappointed in 4runner.

Strandskov likes this.
  3. Nov 10, 2018 at 4:31 AM
    karmatp

karmatp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 4x4
    TRD wheels, Firestone destination at 2’s, Bilstein 5100's .85
    Congrats. You will love it.

Strandskov likes this.
  4. Nov 10, 2018 at 8:06 AM
    SlvrSlug

SlvrSlug Slightly bent.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Ramona Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2017 4-Runner SR-5 P. Kings, Built Right uca’s, Durabumps, RSG sliders
    Welcome.

Strandskov likes this.
  5. Nov 10, 2018 at 12:43 PM
    Hyper15125

Hyper15125 Headlight Retrofitting Hobbyist

Member:
    NJ (609)
    Vehicle:
    ‘14 SR5 T4R, ‘13 Taco TRD Sport DCLB, ‘02 SC430
    Welcome :hattip:

Yeah you lost some power but gained a shit ton of reliability VS a Rover.

Strandskov likes this.
  6. Nov 11, 2018 at 4:59 AM
    LimeyDC

LimeyDC [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    2019 Super White TRD Pro 4Runner
    None yet
    Yeah Range Rovers don't have the best track record for being reliable and mine had more software updates than my iphone however it never left me stranded and got me into the world of 4x4 off roading. It was my 32nd vehicle and the plan was always to get rid before the warranty was up. Hopefully the TRD will quench the thirst of always wanting something different.
    Heres the Rover up at Chinn Lake in Colorado. It was only a 3 mile jeep road to get up to 11,000ft but was very rocky and the high clearance really helped when in off road mode. I got my first scratch and wheel scrape up there. I also got to use the hill ascend/descend which was all electronic so I will have to get familiar using the H/L lever and crawl dial on the TRD.13619850_10154403187642664_194130932439925933_n.jpg

7. Nov 11, 2018 at 4:36 PM
    DGP1961

DGP1961 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 Premium
    Jeez I've never seen so many 4x4's bought and driven in such warm places Florida, Texas, Calif. Used to travel to Texas for work every other vehicle is a pickup! I'm in Mass so their handy in our lousy winters.

8. Nov 17, 2018 at 2:56 PM
    MattMo

MattMo Life's too short not to!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD ORP KDSS Magnetic Gray
    TRD Cold Air intake system Pro-Comp Vertigo with BFG LT285/70R17 KO2 ICON 0-3.5" Suspension System - Stage 2 (Tubular) ICON Rear shock shin guards ICON Adjustable track bar RSG METALWORKS Angled sliders with a kick RSG METALWORKS KDSS Skid plate Metal Tech Rear Bump Stop Drops RAD RUBBER DESIGN Nitrile Rubber Engine SPLASH GUARDS Body Armor BackBone Hitch Skid AVS Hood and Window vents Front windows and Moon Roof Tinted Pedal Commander Wet Okole seat covers LED lights in and out RAGO Modular Storage Panel System Driver and Passenger RAGO Low Profile ditch light brackets with Baja Designs Squadron Sport Driving/ Combo LED Lights RAGO Ditch Bracket Antenna Extension for the Go Pro RAGO Antenna Mount - Stainless Steel Secondary Air Pump replaced the foam to a Uni Filter UP-107 1” clamp-on breather. Fog Lights changed to Xenon Depot Xtreme LED Pro H16 Yellow Bulbs Lamin-X protective film in Yellow C4 Fabrication Rear Diff Skid Plate Lamin-X door cup clear scratch protectors Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn Kit (Tail as Turn™ Module +Backup Module) with XP80 LED Cool White for old turn signals GOBI ladder Overland Equipped Bolt-On Steps RotopaX Ladder Mount Brackets for RotopaX Fuel cans SDHQ ABS Speed Sensor Guards Smittybilt Element Ramps ArcLight LEDs Icarus Hatch Lights eXtreme ARTEC INDUSTRIES Toyota 5G Venture Roof Cross Bars Silver Wing Clam Shell Rooftop Tent Anytime Backup and Front Camera Full Kit (Camera and Switch) ARB Differential Breather Kit Diaz Fabrication Devil Horns clear anodize Pro-Comp LED Rock Lights ARTEC INDUSTRIES 5G Venture bumper with Smittybuilt winch ABB 2500 awning GOBI Stealth full w/moon roof (ARB and Shovel Axe mounts) On order:
    Nice ride and Congrats!!

Products Discussed in

To Top