1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FINALLY BOUGHT MY DREAM CAR!! 2011 Toyota 4runner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Trevor_Reynolds, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Jan 27, 2021 at 2:33 PM
    Trevor_Reynolds

Trevor_Reynolds [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota 4runner limited
    None yet
    What's up everyone! My name is Trevor and i finally bought my first 4runner and couldn't be more excited! i have a 2011 toyota 4runner limited and would love to have some advice for modifications i want to put on it!

First thing i'd like to do is give it a suspension life about 4 in. and put bigger tires and rims on it. i would like a set up for as smooth as possible! any thoughts on brands??

3.jpg

2. Jan 27, 2021 at 3:44 PM
    SlvrSlug

SlvrSlug Slightly bent.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Ramona Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2017 4-Runner SR-5 P. Kings, Built Right uca’s, Durabumps, RSG sliders
    Welcome to the forum Trevor, looks like you got a keeper.

3. Jan 27, 2021 at 5:24 PM
    Dabigono

Dabigono Just Joined

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner
    Congrats Trevor! Glad you found a keeper. We’re looking forward to the pics on all your mods...

4. Jan 27, 2021 at 6:05 PM
    MI-FL off roader

MI-FL off roader T4R Hobby/Addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Merritt Island, FL
    Vehicle:
    03' SR5 Sport - 12' Limited
    Too many mods and too much money
    Welcome Trevor! Nice to see another old school 5th gen limited getting some love. Do not let anyone tell you they're not really for going off road. I have taken mine on trails in several places around the country.

A 4" lift might be a little bit high unless you want to do a differential drop and upper control arm swap. With a lift that high your CV angles are a little too severe and you can have the boots tear sooner than they should and your joints can wear out quicker unless you do a diff drop, and your handling/alignment will suffer if you don't change your OEM upper control arms to a system designed for the lift.

I'm not really familiar with 20" tires sizes because I changed my rims out within a few months of buying mine.
    The general consensus is that you can fit a 285/70/17 or equivalent 20" size, with a 3" lift, a little bit of trimming of the bumper, to help prevent rubbing. Some folks have reported they have been able to get buy with OEM control arms in the 2-3" lift range.

As far as shocks that is a rabbit hole all it's own. The choices range from budget friendly prices to outrageous.
    Bilstein shocks are a good start for a budget, with King and Fox being in the outrageous category. Locked Off Road offers some great products as well as ADS. Vendors like Toytec have budget minded packages that have been reported to be very good in quality and ride.

The main thing is be ready to read a lot to make sure you learn and are aware of the proper choices for your needs and how to proceed in doing the work or finding a reputable shop that won't break the bank. There is a wealth of knowledge right here on this forum if your willing to search and read a good bit.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    Singleminded likes this.
  5. Jan 28, 2021 at 2:21 AM
    Toy4X4

Toy4X4 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    2020 Offroad Prem. 4-runner
    RevTek 3" front- 2" rear leveling, JBA uca's, LED interior lights, Cooper 275-70-17 AT3 LT
    Welcome from Wisconsin! 4 in., might be lots of mods to make that work like a body mount chop, UCA's etc., but I'm sure you could do it. Good luck, enjoy the forum!

6. Jan 28, 2021 at 4:30 AM
    brownbear

brownbear Relax

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    OB Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner TRD OFF ROAD
    NFab side steps TRD matte blk wheels K&N airfilter, go rhino rear hitch step,
    Welcome from FL.

Products Discussed in

To Top