1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driver's Seat Modifications for Tall Driver

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by JimOC, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Dec 31, 2022 at 8:58 AM
    JimOC

JimOC [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner
    Hello!

I had a '85 4Runner and loved it. I am 6'8" and now have a 2019, and find the driver's seat very uncomfortable. I see in a post someone recommended Seat Jackers. I may try those. Does anyone know of a source of new seat brackets or extenders to allow the seat to move further back? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jim

2. Mar 31, 2023 at 10:07 AM
    Wonderwoman

Wonderwoman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sandee
    Huntington Beach
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Premium
    Nitro 4.88 gears, King shocks 2.5 w/reservoir and adjustable knobs, Dobinson 700lb springs (front and back), SPC upper control arms, CBI offroad front steel bumper, Ironman 4x4 wench (synthetic rope and wireless remote), Rigid fog lights, Dobinson 4x4 snorkel, Stealth Custom series F5 wheels, Micky Thompson 35s, RCI Offroad full steel skids - engine, tranny,transfer case, LCA,fuel tank skids and sliders, Bruteforce rear steel bumper single swing arm, Victory 4x4 rear ladder, Rigid rear flood lights, Rhino Rack full roof rack, Victory 4x4 full molle panel and basket, DFG Offroad 50q fridge slide w/cutting board (no fridge)
    I just added the front seat jackers and it helped but long drives still hurts my butt. I don't have to have my seat all the way back now. I love my rig but it's so uncomfortable for long drives. I'm 5'10" and I too looking for more ideas.

3. Apr 1, 2023 at 5:15 PM
    Steve40th

Steve40th New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sTEVE
    I am looking at many thread on the Seat Jackers. Its really all personal and what type of seats you already have. Tacomas seem to like them as a whole.
    I have a Limited, and long drives my legs get sore due to how they hang off of seat.

4. Apr 2, 2023 at 6:05 AM
    Bald Michelins

Bald Michelins New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21' SR5P
    20210822_180.jpg I'm on the taller side and getting just plain old. Stock seat setup got to me after a couple of hours. I did the seat jackers which helped. I also did a genuine sheepskin seat cover. Covercraft. Not inexpensive. You get what you pay for. That combo gets me through a full day of driving. There is a reason sheepskin covers are very popular on aircraft cockpit seats. I'm not selling them but it's something you might consider. I would absolutely do the sheepskin again if necessary.

Mass4runner and Steve40th like this.
  5. Apr 2, 2023 at 6:22 AM
    Steve40th

Steve40th New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sTEVE
    Sheepskin covers are nice, very much so..
    But, they may not work with ventilated seats, heat/cool.

6. Apr 2, 2023 at 6:39 AM
    Bald Michelins

Bald Michelins New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21' SR5P
    The heat comes through just not as fast but I'm not sitting on frozen Softex when I get in. I don't have ventilated seats so no experience there.

Steve40th likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top