1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driver's Door Lock

Discussion in '2nd Gen 4Runners (1990-1995)' started by LayneSeely, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Jul 5, 2019 at 3:24 PM
    LayneSeely

LayneSeely [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Layne
    Vehicle:
    92 4Runner
    hey Folks:
    I just bought this truck and totally missed the fact that there was no door lock tab on the drivers door. Oh well, not too worried but I would like to fix it. When I put the key in the door, all the other doors lock\unlock but nothing happens to the drivers door. I haven't opened up the door panel yet (only had it for 2 days) to see what if anything is missing other than the rod. I would have expected it to at least lock but nope it doesn't. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. Jul 21, 2019 at 9:10 AM
    EscapePod

EscapePod New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicole
    Vehicle:
    95 4runner 3.0 v6
    Hi LayneSeely,
    I just got a 4runner with drivers door lock problem too. It was the first thing I fixed... I took off the door panel (three screws- 1 in small inside door handle, 2 in armrest), make sure window is up, then use a trim tool to pop the snaps. In mine, it had all the parts to operate but there was too much play and it was getting stuck and the lock tab was jammed from someone messing with it. I replaced the e-clip that holds the lock together to tighten it up. The actual locking problem was fixed by bending the lock rod a bit by hand so that it would engage without getting stuck.
    Good luck
    N

Products Discussed in

To Top