1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dash lights and tail light not turning on, please help

Discussion in '2nd Gen 4Runners (1990-1995)' started by jasindude1, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Jul 13, 2022 at 11:22 PM
    jasindude1

jasindude1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jason
    Vehicle:
    94 4Runner
    Was driving home today, my dash lights were out, didnt think anything of it figured blew a light, but i got pulled over for no tail lights, so I noticed that both dash lights and tail lights are off when i turn the lights on at night, brake lights work, also when I use the key FOB the dash lights turn on to indicate lock and unlock as do tail lights. Anyways, need to get this fixed as this is my everyday and fishing truck lol. Recently I installed the keyless entry system, it will trigger dash lights for lock, unlock and panic, the tail lights are also triggered, but when i turn on the lights at night neither work, 2nd I replaced the rear window module to get the rear window to go up and down again. So, what can I check tomorrow? fuse? ground? any and all info will be greatly appreciated, as I do need to get this taken care of ASAP. Thanks in advance for ur help!

2. Jul 14, 2022 at 6:47 AM
    negusm

negusm New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 4Runner SR5 4WD
    Yes, check all fuses.

Sorry, but I would disconnect the keyless entry and go from there.

3. Jul 14, 2022 at 9:38 AM
    trlhiker

trlhiker Lazy Bum

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1992 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4
    It definitely has to do with your keyless install. You need to double check all the work you did and make sure it is right. You can also check all grounds at the same time.

Products Discussed in

To Top