1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Correct rear differential housing?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by harryhoudini3030, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Jul 16, 2020 at 1:07 PM
    harryhoudini3030

harryhoudini3030 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fern
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me out - My 2017 4Runner TRD Off-Road was recently hit on the passenger side causing the rear axle to bend. The repair facility replaced the differential and rear axle housing, however the part number they installed is not the same as what was originally on my vehicle.
    - Original part number: 4211060B41
    - New part number installed: 4211060B21

It seems as though the original housing was designed for a kdss system and the new one isn't... I might be wrong about that, but everything is operating as expected and I can't find any other specific information between the two.

Can anyone help identify the differences between them or help me understand if I should go back and install a new housing with the original part number? Any advice/wisdom is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  2. Jul 16, 2020 at 1:30 PM
    NBtrd18

NBtrd18 New Member

Member:
    NC
    According to my quick research, you are correct about one being for Dynamic Suspension and one without Dynamic Suspension. If you paid them to get the 4runner repaired I would make sure they do it with the correct parts as it could lead to more issues down the road if they did not use the right part for your vehicle. They could have just ordered the wrong part.

I was unable to find the specific differences between the two as they both also are for a rear locking diff.

3. Jul 16, 2020 at 4:18 PM
    harryhoudini3030

harryhoudini3030 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fern
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    @NBtrd18 Thanks for responding. I'll continue plugging away on this and keep this thread up to date on the outcome. Hopefully someone else might have some knowledge on this.

Products Discussed in

To Top