1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cooper Evolution MT vs Yokohama Geolandar G003

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by wolf_4r, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Apr 7, 2022 at 10:44 PM
    wolf_4r

wolf_4r [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM 4runner
    Bilstein 6112/5160 +2.5”, 285/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Victory4x4 Blitz Bumper, Gobi Stealth, Full RCI Skids and Sliders and the list goes on..
    Im getting close to needing new tires and have
    been looking at moving up to MTs. I currently
    have the falken at3w and they have served me
    great, they have done everything I could ask for from an AT.
    But now I'm looking to get a more aggressive tire
    for more mountain adventures. The 2 tires I've
    narrowed it down to are the evolution mt and the
    geolandar g003. From the reviews I’ve seen they both seem to have good road manners in wet/snowy conditions (considering they’re MTs). The evos are lighter and cheaper which is nice and may allow me to comfortably run a 34 while keeping weight and cost relatively low but I haven’t been able to find much on sidewalk durability or treadlife. The geolandars are heavier so I would likely stay at a 33 and they are also more expensive but have been reported to have good tread life as well as a durable sidewall.
    I think either tire would suit my needs well but I would like some input from anyone who might have experience with one or both of these tires.

2. Apr 8, 2022 at 4:55 AM
    Thatbassguy

Thatbassguy New member? Really??

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    RSG sliders, Yakima offgrid basket, Pro-Comp wheels, SOS Streamline bumper and skids, Warn VR EVO10S winch + Ultimate Sidewinder, Bilstein 6112 + 5100 + rear lift coils, Rigid Dually SS ditch lights w/Caliraised brackets and OEM style dash switch
    I am very satisfied with the Yokohamas.

They have surprisingly good road manners for an MT, and have been outstanding in every off-road scenario I've thrown at them.

Tread wear has been pretty good, as I expect to get 45-50K miles out of them.

Noise is reasonable, and it's almost soothing to me at the right speed. I might be a little weird, though. :D

I have heard good things about the Coopers, as well.

SlvrSlug likes this.
  3. Apr 8, 2022 at 6:32 PM
    wolf_4r

wolf_4r [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM 4runner
    Bilstein 6112/5160 +2.5”, 285/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Victory4x4 Blitz Bumper, Gobi Stealth, Full RCI Skids and Sliders and the list goes on..
    Sound isn’t much of an issue for me, I actually like the hum in the background lol and it helps put my kid to sleep too.
    Sounds like the Geolandars are the way to go, but if the Evos get close to the same tread life I might give them a shot considering they’re quite a bit cheaper.

Thatbassguy likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top