1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cartrimhome T9 Unit

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by tforzett, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Feb 25, 2021 at 10:34 AM
    tforzett

tforzett [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey All,
    I'm new to the forum and sorry for dropping this but I wanted to give a heads up to Cartrimhome T9 unit. First off the unit is flawed, poor craftsmanship (yes I know it's made in China but what isn't anymore), the mic drops out and sounds like your speaking from a distance, people can't hear me and doesn't really work all that well with iPhones. Great design and eye popping but that's about it. I had it for about 15 days before I had enough. I originally bought since I cracked my stock screen but I went ahead and got a replacement screen and put stock back in. I've been stoked ever since cause I really like the stock unit.

Anyways, the lame part is I was under the timeframe for returning the product for full refund and contacted them to return. Got it all set up and sent UPS to make sure I protect myself with shipping and all. They said they would refund my shipping as well. Well it ends up that is not the case. I emailed them with tracking info and receipt for shipping and the package never made it to them. UPS abandoned the package somewhere in China after I provided them with all the proper documentation and contact information the company provided. So, what does this mean...It means I'm out $926.80!! I'm pissed to say the least. I give a warning to anyone looking at this product but more so the company. Let it be a warning!

AmericanPaul likes this.
  2. Feb 25, 2021 at 4:00 PM
    jester243

jester243 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium w/ KDSS
    I changed some lights, tires and tinted windows...mind blowing huh
    really sounds like your issue should be with UPS not the manufacture of the head unit since UPS is the one that lost the item. Sorry to hear you had a run of bad luck like that, welcome to the forum though.

3. Feb 25, 2021 at 4:40 PM
    Dillusion

Dillusion New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KYle
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    States clearly the UPS lost box. But now its the sellers fault. LOL.

4. Feb 25, 2021 at 4:49 PM
    tforzett

tforzett [OP] New Member

Member:
    To me it's really both UPS and manufacture. I provided tracking info, which says it's in the city where the manufacture is located, plus provided them the receipt of the shipping cost per their request when making a return. UPS tracking info says package abandoned by both shipper and receiver but hell, I never got any notification I wanted it abandoned. Crazy thing is I know package is sitting in UPS facility in China, in the same town as the manufacture since that was where it was last scanned. I dealt with other companies where providing them tracking info and receipt from shipping and they automatically issued refund but this companies customer service blows. Just lame I'm out that much money cause I was gonna use it towards a CO King set up for my 5th gen but now it's gonna get a little more delayed.

5. Feb 25, 2021 at 5:17 PM
    Dillusion

Dillusion New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KYle
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    Sucks UPS lost it or China lost it or whatever. But you really think a seller should refund before he get his product back?

Sell me some of what you are smoking.

6. Feb 25, 2021 at 5:29 PM
    tforzett

tforzett [OP] New Member

Member:
    A lot of what Amazon does, whether people know it or not does exactly that, refund with tracking confirmation. I've dealt with many businesses that operate that way but key is tracking information provided. I know many businesses don't do that as well so it all about business models. I use to work for a prominent online sportswear company that offered such a service.

7. Feb 25, 2021 at 5:50 PM
    Moon Landing

Moon Landing AFFTC 1967/68 Eddies Air Patch

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    La Quinta, Ca. AKA "The Skillet"
    Vehicle:
    Moon Rock 4Runner
    Nam 68/69
    "UPS abandoned the package somewhere in China after I provided them with all the proper documentation and contact information the company provided."

If UPS cannot produce proof of delivery and/or acceptance by the party it was shipped to isn't that UPS's problem? How much did you insure it for?

jester243 likes this.
  8. Feb 25, 2021 at 6:02 PM
    tforzett

tforzett [OP] New Member

Member:
    Unfortunately not enough on insurance. If I insured for the cost of product, shipping would had been about $1000 and I'm not joking about that. I couldn't believe that it would cost so much to be shipped back to China, when shipping from China to me was $40. Blew my mind. Scrolling through my saved emails I realized I paid through PayPal and should be able to dispute the charge for product, but getting money back from shipping I'm not sure about that one.

9. Feb 25, 2021 at 6:07 PM
    Moon Landing

Moon Landing AFFTC 1967/68 Eddies Air Patch

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    La Quinta, Ca. AKA "The Skillet"
    Vehicle:
    Moon Rock 4Runner
    Nam 68/69
    Did pay pal link the purchase back to your credit card or straight from your checking account? If it was your credit card? You could have some leverage there as well. Just thinking out loud.

10. Feb 25, 2021 at 6:08 PM
    tforzett

tforzett [OP] New Member

Member:
    It was my CC and that is exactly what I'm thinking now after I found email to PP.

11. Feb 26, 2021 at 8:43 AM
    Dillusion

Dillusion New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KYle
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    You talking about BIG companies and comparing it to CTH.

jester243 likes this.
  12. Feb 26, 2021 at 8:57 AM
    jester243

jester243 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium w/ KDSS
    I changed some lights, tires and tinted windows...mind blowing huh
    How big was this carton? I ran a quick rate from me to one of our customers in China for a 25 pound box and with $1500.00 in insurance it is full list price of $502.21

It's shitty but you're issue is with UPS not the manufacture, what happens if you call UPS and have them put a trace on it? How much did you insure it for?

Products Discussed in

To Top