1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BMW or XYZ seats into 4gen 4runner

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by Leleuk, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Jun 7, 2019 at 9:47 PM
    Leleuk

Leleuk [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alpha
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black 4Runner Sport
    Hello all,

I would like to replace my very painful seats with something else, perhaps bmw seats or else.
    I have seen some posts regarding the issue.
    My question is: before I go for any seats, what measurement of m6 4runner seats do I need to take in order to know if my new xyz seats will fit the 4runner. In fact I have no idea how what I'm comparing the old seats to.
    Do I take seats height, under seats bolt patterns, seats length or large.
    I'm just a plain ignorant man who has no idea how to process in selecting a different car model seat for my 4runner.
    May someone please educate me.
    Car is 2007 SR5. Would anyone recommend a specific make or model seats?
    Thanks million

2. Jun 8, 2019 at 5:59 AM
    chassis

chassis New Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Sold: 2005 4Runner SR5 V6 4WD
    First identify which seats are comfortable to you, based on what you have experienced. Have you done this already? BMW seats are disliked by a surprisingly large number of people. Read the BMW forums about this. Complaints seem to arise from generally larger-bodied people. We have a BMW in our household. My wife and I like the seats (X3 with sport seats and Vernasca leather). We are average or slightly slimmer than average from a body weight point of view. Body size (weight) and shape have an influence on seat comfort. This is where I would start.

Specifically to your question:

- seat track connection details are important (track width and height, and details of how to attach the new seat to the floor of the 4Runner.
    - overall bottom cushion width, relative to the space available between center console (armrest) and door trim panel
    - overall seat back height and width, relative to the space available between b-pillar and center console, and from seat bottom cushion to roof (headliner)

Changing to non-4Runner seats will influence the interaction of seat, occupant, steering wheel, seat belt and air bag. Something to consider.

3. Jun 8, 2019 at 6:49 AM
    aroyalsfan

aroyalsfan The Owner

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner SR5 Premium - Midnight Black Metallic(218) - 4WD
    Westin Pro Traxx 5 Hood and side window deflectors Black exhaust tip Tinted front windows Billet grill overlay Badge Overlays painted Cavalry Blue Powder coated stock Trail Wheels gloss black 12 Volt Solutions plug and play remote start To do list: led swap Speaker upgrades Sound deadening doors Maybe list: rear backup sensors
    Have you priced out what it would cost to have a custom upholstery shop rebuild the seats you have? New foam and leather. Seems like it would be less hassle and they can make it more cushy or supportive in the areas you want it. Most of all....no fitment issues.

4. Jun 8, 2019 at 9:19 AM
    Leleuk

Leleuk [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alpha
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black 4Runner Sport
    Hi chassis

I'm then very much like you, slim and skinny as a stick. I also have an x3, it has the kost comfortable seats of all cars I ever owned.
    I will use your comments to draw a plan of attack. So far I have not decided the seats of choice. I will keep you posted.
    Thank you

chassis[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Jun 8, 2019 at 9:22 AM
    Leleuk

Leleuk [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alpha
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black 4Runner Sport
    Aroyalsfan,

Thanks for the note. You actually raise a very important point I didn't even consider. I will check some pricing before deciding to change the seats altogether. Will come back to you as I get updates. Good weekend

Products Discussed in

To Top