1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blowing AC1 Fuse

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by rionrlty, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Sep 18, 2019 at 4:24 PM
    rionrlty

rionrlty [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    1997 4runner 4x4
    none
    Hey guys, hoping for help from some of you regarding an issue with my 1997 4runner 4x4. I've only owned it for about 4 months and up until now it has been reliable. However about a week ago while driving to work it just stopped running. I managed to coast to the side of the busy street I was on, but it stopped running so suddenly it was like someone flipped a switch. Once safely to the side of the road I was able to determine that the battery was strong and that all the accessories still worked, but when the ignition key was turned the starter would not engage. After I got the car home I was able to determine that a fuse in the engine side fuse block, labeled AM2, was blown. I obtained a replacement fuse and installed it, but when I tried to start the car the starter engaged and the engine actually ran for about two seconds before blowing the fuse once more. Obviously there is a short somewhere. This circuit seems to run the coils, injectors and engine management, but I'm getting in over my head beyond that. I'm actually not to bad on circuitry on older cars, but these newer ones leave me scratching my head. Anyone got an idea where to start looking first.

2. Sep 18, 2019 at 6:00 PM
    Dillusion

Dillusion New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KYle
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019

Products Discussed in

To Top