1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bay Area body shop recommendations?

Discussion in 'California' started by Scarif_1, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Dec 24, 2021 at 6:24 PM
    Scarif_1

Scarif_1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD ORP
    Bilstein 2.5" 6112s w/ 5160s & Dobinsons 1.5" rear springs. SPC UCAs. 285/70R17 BFG KO2s
    Hi Everyone,

Hate that this has to be my first post but not one day after I had my Bilstein 6112/5160 lift installed (first truck and lift) I turned into a concrete column in my parking garage the very next morning while setting navigation. Idiot move I know. Anyhow my 2020 TRD ORP sustained damage to the fender and door. It looks to be limited to these areas only. The interior engine bay wall appears straight and undamaged. I was well under 5mph BTW. My question to you all is what am I looking at in terms of body shop repair cost? I'm thinking replacing the fender for sure. Not sure if the door can be straightened out but assuming that needs replacing too. All in all I'm thinking $3-4K. Thoughts? And anyone have good body shop recommendations for the Bay Area - San Francisco / Oakland Area?

2. Dec 24, 2021 at 9:21 PM
    Antman

Antman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2021 4Runner off-road premium, 2022 Tacoma
    2021 4Runner: King Coilovers King rear shocks Camburg UCA’s Spc rear Trail arms Icon 52700 rear springs Icon panhard bar SCS Ray10’s Rci Sliders Rci Full Skids 2022 Tacoma Offroad: King Coilovers King rear shocks Deaver leaf springs Camburg UCA Scs Gen 5 Bamf front hybrid bumper Rci Full Skids Rci Sliders
    3-4K. I don’t think so, however a shop locally I can’t help you out unless you’re willing to drive down to San Jose. If you’re willing to drive that far I would use “German auto body”. It’s located right next to the San Jose international airport.

LandCruiser likes this.
  3. Dec 25, 2021 at 7:54 AM
    OverRunner

OverRunner rebmeM weN

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Denton, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 ORP w/KDSS
    The cost is going to depend on the amount of work needed to fix the door. If the UHS steel door beam has taken damage, no respectable shop will repair the door, since it becomes incredibly dangerous if ever in another accident. If the door CAN be repaired, you’re still looking at more than $4k based on how much painting is going to be required. With a new fender, you’ll need to fade the bumper, a-pillar, rocker panel, and hood and re-clear those as well, along with possibly the rear door, depending on the painter. There is also a lot of R&I of trim in the hood and doors. I’d estimate $7-10k, but I’ve been out of the trade awhile, so my estimate could be off. Unfortunately, no shop recommendations, as dealers can be hit and miss. Caliber Collision is a chain with a good reputation (and a brand to protect), so maybe that if you have one close.

Edit: Also looks like the pole may have hit the wheel/tire as well. Hopefully there was no damage sustained to the suspension.

icyhotahs likes this.
  4. Dec 25, 2021 at 3:46 PM
    LandCruiser

LandCruiser I have Toyotas

Member:
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    5th Gen OG TE
    That’s a 10-12k job minimum.

Jynarik likes this.
  5. Dec 25, 2021 at 4:01 PM
    Jynarik