1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Barnwell Mountain Recreational Park

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by morfdq, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Apr 29, 2023 at 5:00 PM
    morfdq

morfdq [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 Premium
    TRD Wheels, exhaust and skid plate
    Heading to the Toyota Jamboree at the Barnwell Mountain Recreational Park in Gilmer TX next week. I’ve never been to this off road park. We are also doing primitive camping there as well

Has anyone been to that park? Any advice? Is there a primitive campsite you recommend?

thank you for the replies

2. Apr 29, 2023 at 6:35 PM
    redneck pilot

redneck pilot New Member

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2023 4Runner TRD ORP
    Fun park with some good camping, but it’s been awhile.

3. May 1, 2023 at 12:40 PM
    Zal4R

Zal4R New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 LR TRD Pro
    Eibach TRD Pro Springs RCI Skids
    You will get a map when you check in, there are several primitive camp sites. They tend to have their own attitude. What kind of camp ground do you want? Some tend to party, some tend to shut down early etc. Granted, it may vary, but that has been the experience.

I will also be out there this year. Hopefully the rain holds off, the rain can change trail ratings in a hurry. Some of the easiest trails become some of the hardest, etc.

redneck pilot likes this.
  4. May 2, 2023 at 3:28 AM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts New Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    22 LR ORP
    Sherpa Crestone. 4X Innovations Sliders
  5. May 2, 2023 at 6:17 AM
    morfdq

morfdq [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 Premium
    appreciate that. Yeah my wife and I are staying there. We arent looking to party at night, a couple drinks and that it but we wont be staying up all night partying. Yeah I hope the rain holds off, either way we are going to be there. Driving down from Illinois.

6. May 2, 2023 at 7:06 AM
    Vhinojosa4735

Vhinojosa4735 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vince
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    87 1st Gen and 2016 5th Gen
    1987 4runner 3” lift bj spacers up front old man emu leafs in the rear, (5) 33” grabbers on 15x10 eagle alloy wheels, ARB bumper up front and trail gear bumper rear, LCE bikini top, Doug thorley long tube header with a magnaflow exhaust. 4.30 gears, converted to manual, Supra AFM, Wilco spare tire carrier. 2016 trail premium w/toytec ultimate lift and spc uppers, plashlights rock lights, rigids in the grille, black trd skid plate, t-force roof rack,hidden light bar with weather techs.
    Make sure you fluid film your truck before you go! The red dirt/mud literally gets stuck everywhere! Be early to the events and bring plenty of stuff to drink! It’s a good time!

redneck pilot likes this.
  7. May 2, 2023 at 10:40 AM
    morfdq

morfdq [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 Premium
    Damn I literally just got it clean from Arizona. There was red mud everywhere. I had to get underneath and pressure wash it 4 times and there is still red mud up there

8. May 2, 2023 at 11:03 AM
    Vhinojosa4735

Vhinojosa4735 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vince
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    1987 4runner 3” lift bj spacers up front old man emu leafs in the rear, (5) 33” grabbers on 15x10 eagle alloy wheels, ARB bumper up front and trail gear bumper rear, LCE bikini top, Doug thorley long tube header with a magnaflow exhaust. 4.30 gears, converted to manual, Supra AFM, Wilco spare tire carrier. 2016 trail premium w/toytec ultimate lift and spc uppers, plashlights rock lights, rigids in the grille, black trd skid plate, t-force roof rack,hidden light bar with weather techs.
    I recently got my Tacoma painted and had the front and rear windshield pulled and there was mud from 2 years ago trapped in the seal on the rear windshield still lol I found mud in my speakers, a/c vents all over the place. It was a lot of fun though.

9. May 2, 2023 at 2:05 PM
    morfdq

morfdq [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 Premium
    Amen. I love this 4 Runner and it’s a 2022. But I didn’t buy it to be a driveway princess. It’s all about having fun. Otherwise why did I just lift it with Eibach Pro Series 2 if I’m going to just drive on pavement. When we did AZ it took 4 washes just to do the body. And I literally went underneath and washed the underside 4-5 times and guess what? While I washed it I smiled. We had fun

10. May 3, 2023 at 8:42 AM
    Zal4R

Zal4R New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 LR TRD Pro
    Eibach TRD Pro Springs RCI Skids
    Yeah, still got mud that randomly comes out from barnwell, but I go a few times a year to there an Bridgeport (other side of DFW, more dusty than red mud). Pretty sure it’s permanent at this point and the only way to clear it all out is to take the body off the frame..

11. May 3, 2023 at 9:31 PM
    Vhinojosa4735

Vhinojosa4735 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vince
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    IMG_7745.jpg Honestly, the mud makes jambo jambo! I’m sure you’ll have a blast!

Spare Parts likes this.
  12. May 6, 2023 at 2:07 PM
    ChessGuy

ChessGuy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    LR
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro / 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
    Too many..... Performance: • Magnusum Supercharger • Gibson exhaust with dual black tip • Pedal Commander * PowerBrakes • Suspension – Old Man Emu BP-51 front and back with Medium load coils • Tires: AT3 Faulken Wildpeak – 285/70/17 • Wheels: Relations Race Wheels, RR7-H with -12 offset • Full roof rack and ladder by Westcott Design (removed the stock Yakima basket) • Molle storage panels by Rago fabrication • Front light brackets by Rago • Illuminator light bracket by Rago (roof rack location) Lights • Morimoto front and back with sequential signals • Morimoto fog lights and side mirrors with sequential signals • 40” Baja design light bar for roof rack • 20” S8 Baja design driving combo (winch location) • Squadron sport baja design ditch lights • S2 Chase lights by baja designs (mounted on roof) In the bay: • Odyssey 34-PC Battery • SDQH Aluminum billet battery terminals and bracket • Switch Pro 9100 with aluminum tray • Anytime front and back camera • ARB twin compressor Recovery & Protection: • Smittybilt X20 synthetic rope winch • Factor 55 fairlead and flatlink • Southern Style Off-road (SSO) low profile bumper • SSO stage 2 high clearance wings • Weekend warrior recovery kit by treaty oak • RCI – skid plates – entire vehicle + catalytic converter protection wings Interior: • Nano Ceramic IR – Avery Dennison Window tint – all windows • Several phone mounts • Upgraded Rear Hatch lift gate struts (ladder is heavy) • Boom blaster horn switch (featuring La cucaracha)
    I got mine dirty today.

20230506_140407.jpg

Spare Parts and Vhinojosa4735 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top