1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Back light issue

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Blackbear13, May 4, 2019.

1. May 4, 2019 at 9:06 PM
    Blackbear13

Blackbear13 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 4runner TRD OR
    I was taking the dash panel apart where the dimmer switch is adjusting some wiring for my dual battery monitor. I unplugged both the dimmer switch and the mirror adjustment switch. When I finished and plugged both switches back in the dimmer switch does not work at all. The gauge lights and radio brightness are on full blast. Adjusting the dimmer does nothing. The mirror adjustment switch works as it should.
    I took the switch out, checked the connections, reinstalled with no change.
    I have checked all fuses (even those in which I was sure had nothing to do with the dimmer) along with the relays and have found absolutely no reason why the dimmer switch is no longer functional. I've put a new switch in and with the key turned on but vehicle not started I can hear a "click" from the engine bay when the dimmer switch is manipulated. It's coming from the inverter relay. I swapped it out with another relay and still issue. The dash lights and the backlight for the radio are on but stuck on their brightest levels.
    Any ideas???
    Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top